• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Kentucky copperhead

safire6

While at my mother in law's house the day before Mother's Day, I found this copperhead between some corrugated steel sheets in the woods. Just after that I stumbled across a 3 ft black snake but didn't get any pics 'cuz it slithered away so fast.

Attachments

• copper1.JPG
    copper1.JPG
    50.5 KB · Views: 95
  • copper2.JPG
    copper2.JPG
    54.3 KB · Views: 95
  • copper3.JPG
    copper3.JPG
    42 KB · Views: 95
Nice photos! Yeah, those black snakes are really fast when they want to be. I saw one a couple years ago while on a hike in the woods and it was moving faster than I ever could so I didn't even try taking a pic.

My wife's family says the copperheads are quite common there. They live about 50 miles south of Natural Bridge KY. Beautiful area. Thanks everyone.

Aw, makes me homesick! We don't have them here on the Mississippi coast. I grew up in Indiana, just across the river from Louisville, KY. Copperheads are indeed common there. Gotta be aware of them but they aren't generally aggressive. I wasn't delighted when one of my then-toddlers discovered a baby copperhead in the garage, but it sure was pretty though!

Back