CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > General Chit-Chat Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

General Chit-Chat Forum Discussion about general topics that are really off topic concerning corn snakes, or just about any old chit at all.

How do you deal with your family/friends you love ridiculing you for having snakes.

Old 01-01-2018, 04:29 PM   #1
Nanyia
How do you deal with your family/friends you love ridiculing you for having snakes.

Basicly the title.
In my case its my family and they dont do it to make fun of me just to make me "see" that im being "weird" and dont follow their standards

Old 01-01-2018, 05:02 PM   #2
Karl_Mcknight
I don't see owning a snake as being weird, and most people I know don't either. So perhaps the people that act that way are in fact the "Weird Ones" and you should find a way to let them know it.

I guess for me, it's because I have had a pet snake since I was 17 and I'm 60 now. So for the past 43 years, everyone I know has seen with snakes, or at least they knew I had a snake. I guess they are all just used to me like that.

Some of them don't like snakes personally, but they understand I do, and they know my snake is just like their dog or cat. (I've actually had dogs, cats, fish, birds and snakes in the past).

Old 01-18-2018, 12:01 AM   #3
SneiSnake
My family has finally accepted my love for snakes, they tried to play fun of me but don't anymore. If they love you they accept IMO.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google