CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Feeders
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Feeders Any and all issues about raising rats, mice, or anything else that you feed your cornsnakes.

Big Cheese Rodent Factory

Old 07-21-2004, 03:35 PM   #1
hosstheman
Big Cheese Rodent Factory

I just received my order from Big Cheese Rodent so I thought I would put up some pics of the their packaging in case people want to see. I ordered 50 med. mice, 100 small mice, 50 large pinks, 100 small pinks(day old) And my total was 116.50 shipped 2 day express.

Brian

Old 07-21-2004, 06:13 PM   #2
Sean22
looks delicious

Old 07-21-2004, 09:32 PM   #3
Krenna
whoa alot of dead mice you got there :P

Old 07-21-2004, 09:49 PM   #4
LawrenceM
Have you opened any of the bags yet? I am curious to know how easy it is to remove one or two at a time while keeping the bag intact to keep the remaining mice fresh. Also, did your shipment arrive very frozen? Did the dry ice do the trick?

Old 07-21-2004, 10:15 PM   #5
treppilj
I buy my mice from there and have no problem with getting the mice out. I live in Reno which is not just a hop skip and a jump from Texas, believe me, Texas is where I came from. The mice were VERY frozen. Nothing bad to say about them. They had misplaced my order and they shipped for free. What a deal. That saved me about 30 bucks, they can do that every order if they want. They came reccomended also by the person I bought my first snake from who is a very reputable large breeder...

Old 07-21-2004, 11:28 PM   #6
leia
Yum yum.

Thanks for posting that, I was a bit curious how the came as well.

Once my snake starts eating full sized mice, I plan on ordering a bag from them. I had hoped he'd be on them by now...at a year-ish I was hoping he'd eat bigger food, but right now he's on one or two fuzzies.

Old 07-22-2004, 01:24 AM   #7
Bekah
Smile

Hey Leia,

Notr trying to force you into something you may be uncomfortable with, but...why don't you attempt one small feeder? The place I go to that I was telling you about...you can bring the mouse back if the snake isn't interested or if it's too big. The only condition: the mouse has to be alive and uninjured. Just a thought in case you wanted to try. Talk to you later!

Old 07-22-2004, 01:26 AM   #8
Bekah
Question

To hosstheman:

How long to defrost a single mouse to get it to a temp that you can feed it to your snake? Do they smell when they're defrosting? Just curious 'cause I've been feeding live.

Old 07-22-2004, 01:59 AM   #9
Rich Z
I'm actually considering placing an order with them myself. Been using Cajun Mice for quite a long time, but figured I would give Big Cheese some business. I hope they can provide me with really small pinkies, though. Cajun has been pretty good about that for me.

Old 07-22-2004, 02:42 AM   #10
Jason B.
I have used cajun in the past. They where great except for the price was a bit high. I only use The big cheese now . They are awesome. I only live 8-10 minutes from an airport picked them up and it only cost me $40 shipping for 5000 mice. pinkies where about 12-13 cents in bulk
Rich , if you request tiny pinks they will do that for you but you have to let them know by mon. or was it tue. thats when they pull all thier pinkies and they will do a special order. I just inquired about the same thing a couple of weeks ago. so get in line lol

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google