CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > DIY Projects
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

DIY Projects Use this forum to post threads related to home made projects for your corns... Vivariums, hides, decorations, accessories, you name it. Anything to save some bucks or give your personalized touch.

PVC Tubing?

Old 09-04-2015, 06:51 PM   #1
jagodzinski
PVC Tubing?

My snake loves the hang out in toilet paper tubes, but she frequently gets poop on them so I have to throw them out.

I was wondering if PVC tubing is safe for snakes. Because I was thinking I could have some PVC tubes around the outside of the tank for her to explore. Or maybe, could you even make a maze? Has anyone used PVC before?

Thanks

Old 09-04-2015, 11:16 PM   #2
XenDrgn
not sure about pvc, but I often see hamster tubes used. so I couldn't see why not?

Old 09-22-2016, 04:38 AM   #3
karma279
PVC is fine... I used it in a 'couple 55 gallons for E. maurus to climb around on for years.

Old 09-22-2016, 07:30 AM   #4
hypnoctopus
I use pvc piping for hides. The only thing is that you don't want to have a situation where you can't access your snake, so with mine, I cut it in half lengthwise so there's no 'bottom' and I can just lift it up to take the snake out.

Old 11-04-2016, 11:10 AM   #5
Scrappyeddie77
I use to work in a pipe yard back when I had boas and I used 12"-16" pvc cut in half just like the wooden ones you can by in stores

Good thing you can make them as big as you wanted

Bad thing is that they are just pvc not really pleasing to the eyes

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Old 11-04-2016, 03:07 PM   #6
lazarin
I got some 1" pvc cut to the length of a paper towel tube and my guy loves it. Very easy to clean too. But I'll definitely agree that you wanna cut it in half, coaxing him out for feeding is really an ordeal!

Old 07-06-2017, 11:06 AM   #7
Athenager7
Lightbulb could you do a maze?

I am debating putting a pvc/hamster tube maze into my snake enclosure once i get one (I am not getting my snake until January) but I am wondering, how would I get it so I could take my snake out, and how could I attach it to the cage?

Hoping for help, as I have no idea

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google