CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Behavior
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Behavior General topics or questions concerning the way your cornsnake may be acting.

Missing poop

Old 11-14-2016, 02:25 PM   #1
SnekMommas
Missing poop

Hi! I'm not sure if this is a question about behavior, but Gabi and I have had our snake for about a month now and we have been feeding our reverse okeetee (Tambi) every 4-5 days. The first time we fed him I was able to find and remove his poop from his terrarium after a few days of his feeding. However, since then, I haven't seen any poop at all.
He is kept in a 10 gal tank with substrate. I do notice that sometimes he likes to make tunnels and hang out in there, could it be that he is pooping in the tunnels? Also, when I handle him sometimes I see a dark spot in his lower section (near his tail) so I'm not sure if he's constipated (if that's even a thing that happens) or if he's just hiding his poop. Any advice, suggestions, or comments are greatly appreciated. Thanks

-Meli (first time snake mommy)

Sent from my SM-G930T1 using Tapatalk

Old 11-14-2016, 04:01 PM   #2
SnekMommas
These are the "dark spots" I was referring to, not sure if they're just his organs or poop stuck.

Here's an added bonus of him eating

Old 11-29-2016, 04:28 PM   #3
Scrappyeddie77
Has your little one went yet? I have found that some times it just takes a little longer than expected. Cute little one btw looks like my little Athena

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Old 12-03-2016, 07:14 PM   #4
SnekMommas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrappyeddie77 View Post
Has your little one went yet? I have found that some times it just takes a little longer than expected. Cute little one btw looks like my little Athena

Athena is beautiful!! I can't wait until Tambi grows to that size.

Anyway, he shed again not so long ago and I did find some poop stuck to the skin. I am convinced that he is pooping inside his tunnels and the poop is so small I can't see it unless I dig. So point is I don't think he is constipated anymore, if ever. Thanks for checking in

Old 12-04-2016, 11:03 PM   #5
Scrappyeddie77
That was just an up close pic she is still a baby. I think her hatch day is 9/03/16. I can't wait till she is about 3' or so she will be a lot easier to care for. But until then I will just keep her on her feeding schedule every 4 days. My male is a July baby but he is a lot bigger. He is on fuzzies and she is on pinkies, but she is getting two every feeding.

Old 01-04-2017, 12:22 PM   #6
obboi34
it can be hard to see due to size when they're younger. just wait until they're older and have massive ones filled with hair! the worst is when it blends into the substrate.

Old 01-04-2017, 12:33 PM   #7
DollysMom
Lol oboi34! You adult's massive ones blend into the substrate? Lucky you. I have no trouble spotting or smelling the massive ones.

Old 01-04-2017, 12:40 PM   #8
obboi34
Smelling them is never the problem, but they like to have multiples. Sometimes on successive days with less dark color each time. I have so many white furred mice in storage to use.

Old 01-04-2017, 12:43 PM   #9
DollysMom
I was just kidding a bit. Yeah, the smaller ones, or ones that are mostly urates can be hard to find. I go on poo searches from time to time.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google