• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

New garage

Wow, that looks amazing! I can't see the video until I go home, but the pic was handy.

So, if you don't mind me asking (and just don't answer if you do; I don't mind), what is your estimate as to how much this cost you? We are looking for a house and we NEED a garage, then we were thinking about buying a house without one and having one built but have no idea where to start in pricing something like that...

I love the fact that yours is sealed. That helps sooo much. We have a rodent problem too (field mice coming it to try snacking in our garage pantry) and they've been having fun playing in my husband's 1970 Mustang. As you can imagine, he is none-too-happy about that. We tried taping moth balls to the car cover but that just stunk us out and the mice laughed at us :rolleyes:. Jerks.

Well, I guess the epoxy has cured enough so I pulled in one of the vehicles. I checked over the floor and it looks like I missed several spots with that second coat of clear. But darn it was hard seeing that new coat when I put it down, so all things considered, I didn't do too badly. You really have to look to find those spots anyway. But I did two coats figuring that between the both of them, EVERY inch will get at least one coat of clear. Heck, one part of me wants to be the perfectionist and sand it down to apply another coat, but yet another side of me is saying, "Hey dummy! It's JUST a garage!".... :laugh:
I lost track of the other thread Rich. Is the new Vette motor in and done now?

I lost track of the other thread Rich. Is the new Vette motor in and done now?

No...... :awcrap:

Last I heard (this past Monday) the block (RHS) is on it's way from the warehouse in Ohio to LME in Texas. LME says they need two weeks to prep the block, install crank, rods, pistons, etc., and mount the heads on the block and check everything out. Then the engine needs to be shipped to Blountstown, FL, where my car is hibernating.

So my guestimate is that I won't have my car back till first part of May. That will make it 6 months it will have been in the shop. :headbang:

In the meantime I've had the aluminum front and rear cradles (they hold the engine and the drivetrain on the frame) home where I am polishing them. Yeah, pretty crazy since NO one will ever really see them. But at least I have SOME of my car here. :crazy02:

No...... :awcrap:

Last I heard (this past Monday) the block (RHS) is on it's way from the warehouse in Ohio to LME in Texas. LME says they need two weeks to prep the block, install crank, rods, pistons, etc., and mount the heads on the block and check everything out. Then the engine needs to be shipped to Blountstown, FL, where my car is hibernating.

So my guestimate is that I won't have my car back till first part of May. That will make it 6 months it will have been in the shop. :headbang:

In the meantime I've had the aluminum front and rear cradles (they hold the engine and the drivetrain on the frame) home where I am polishing them. Yeah, pretty crazy since NO one will ever really see them. But at least I have SOME of my car here. :crazy02:
Is the silver C6 in the pic above just a spare? ;)

My god Rich this is one thread I can never ever let my hubby see, he will demand a matching car and garage to yours, esp. after he sees what happened to 1/4 of the floor of his garage yesterday!!!

Back