CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > Member Forums > Rich Z's Blatherings
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Rich Z's Blatherings Since Connie and I have retired the SerpenCo business, topics here will focus on topics of a more personal and general nature.

Chinese influence?

Old 01-25-2010, 12:12 AM   #31
Outcast
just means the next colonies will be set up to escape a corporation run government... maybe it will be on the moon, or mars....lol

Old 01-25-2010, 07:10 AM   #32
KJUN
Quote:
Originally Posted by ForkedTung View Post
None of this really matters, some of you might have noticed the lil blip probably on the last page of the newspaper or even a few small words tucked into the corner of a website "news" page about how the supposed "Supreme Court" just gave corporations rights as individuals ( how that can be is beyond me) thereby opening the floodgates for big business/lobbyists/foreign powers via special interest groups to basically buy any candidate, promote any interest and or mudsling anyone that opposes them, be it by direct opposition or even whistleblowing. And they can do it all year long, no restrictions etc... basically reversing a hundred years of commonsense laws and regulations that have tried to limit exactly this type of influence ( as if they don't pretty much run the show to begin with, this applies to both major parties). Our forefathers are doing backflips in their graves.
Actually, I believe you are misinterpreting the results of that ruling (and why the Dems are so mad about it). We all KNOW it was already going on with both major parties - NOW it will only be done above board and legally. Instead of hidden where we can't see who is buying the candidates, it'll now be above board where the public will know about it. That makes this a good change tyo me - it's an enlightenment about the staus quo...NOT a change in what is REALLY already happening. Both sides will now just be getting more money. The cost of buying the politicians might just go up, but not the frequency of the actions themselves.

Old 01-25-2010, 09:49 AM   #33
ForkedTung
The problem is that unlimited money can and will buy unlimited influence It doesn't really matter if you know who is behind your rights and the Constitution being stripped away when democracy is being usurped.

Old 01-25-2010, 10:22 AM   #34
Nroc
Quote:
Originally Posted by ForkedTung View Post
The problem is that unlimited money can and will buy unlimited influence It doesn't really matter if you know who is behind your rights and the Constitution being stripped away when democracy is being usurped.
We may as well move to a money talks government. Every time a bill comes up for vote, we vote on it with money. All the money raised will end up in the treasury, and we can begin to pay off some of our debt.

For example, money voting would open at 10am Monday morning, and close at Friday afternoon 4pm. The votes with the most money win, and the bill will either be passed, or struck down. Anyone, any corporation, any individual can allocate money towards a vote.

If I was really in favor of (or against) healthcare reform, I would get online to the voting site, and put my money where my mouth is. After a week of this, the end result would be a pass or fail on the bill.

Anytime the country needed more money, controversial bills could see their way past committee, and a few million dollars can be raised. Rinse repeat for like 8 years, and your national debt is GONE.

Of course, we would have to return to normal after awhile...but I think a decade of this may have a positive impact; and also a negative one .

Old 01-25-2010, 11:18 AM   #35
Rich Z
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nroc View Post
We may as well move to a money talks government. Every time a bill comes up for vote, we vote on it with money. All the money raised will end up in the treasury, and we can begin to pay off some of our debt.

For example, money voting would open at 10am Monday morning, and close at Friday afternoon 4pm. The votes with the most money win, and the bill will either be passed, or struck down. Anyone, any corporation, any individual can allocate money towards a vote.

If I was really in favor of (or against) healthcare reform, I would get online to the voting site, and put my money where my mouth is. After a week of this, the end result would be a pass or fail on the bill.

Anytime the country needed more money, controversial bills could see their way past committee, and a few million dollars can be raised. Rinse repeat for like 8 years, and your national debt is GONE.

Of course, we would have to return to normal after awhile...but I think a decade of this may have a positive impact; and also a negative one .
Well, via this method, the government would get ANY bill it wanted passed simply by funneling money into a proxy. Since they would be getting the money back, it would be a no-cost path to complete control.

Old 01-25-2010, 11:53 AM   #36
Nroc
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich Z View Post
Well, via this method, the government would get ANY bill it wanted passed simply by funneling money into a proxy. Since they would be getting the money back, it would be a no-cost path to complete control.
You make it sound like that's a bad thing (j/k)

The fact that our government does not seem to function as a single entity these days would make it hard for this to happen. As polarized as we are now, I can't see the government agreeing to funnel money into a proxy and vote a single particular way.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google