CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > Member Forums > Rich Z's Blatherings
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Rich Z's Blatherings Since Connie and I have retired the SerpenCo business, topics here will focus on topics of a more personal and general nature.

Criminal justice?

Old 01-28-2010, 11:31 AM   #1
Rich Z
Criminal justice?

Today I got a spam email from someone stating:

Are you ready for a career in Criminal Justice?

Hmm, what exactly is that? When you put those two words together "Criminal" and "Justice", what does that imply? That "justice" is being only offered for "criminals", or is the "justice" system itself "criminal"?

Old 01-28-2010, 12:02 PM   #2
tsst
I would say the use of your Barrett against a criminal would qualify as criminal justice.

Seriously though that is a good question. What was the original intent when the phrase was coined? Judging by the world we live in where we are overly concerned about not being cruel and unusual in punishment for an offender. My first guess would be what you eluded to, justice for criminals. In my mind it should be justice for the victim and punishment for the criminal. Sorry I couldn't give any valued insight.

Old 01-28-2010, 02:00 PM   #3
insomniac101
I have a degree in "Criminal Justice", and have always thought that the name is an oxymoron. In this country, it seems that only the criminals get justice, and the judicial system is criminal.

Commit a crime, and you get free room and board (including meals), full medical, and a free gym membership, courtesy of the taxpayers. Don't get me wrong; prison is not a place I would want to be, but I think it should be much more miserable than it is; so much so that no one would ever want to be there, or go back if they have been there.

Ever heard of "Tent City" in Maricopa county, Arizona? That's how prison should be.

Sorry, Rich; I don't know how the wording came about either.

Kathy

Old 01-28-2010, 04:00 PM   #4
wade
I have a friend that is an attorney and he says the Justice System has been replaced by the Legal System.

Old 01-30-2010, 01:57 PM   #5
insomniac101
Quote:
Originally Posted by wade View Post
I have a friend that is an attorney and he says the Justice System has been replaced by the Legal System.
Quite right. The "Legal System" is just a fancy name for the huge block wall that criminals get to hide behind.

I don't know about Utah, but Michigan spends $1.9 Billion to take care of these losers. That's twenty percent of our general fund! That money is so desperately needed in other areas, but we can't take away the inmates' TV and hot meals!

Kathy

Old 01-30-2010, 02:09 PM   #6
alan
Quote:
Originally Posted by insomniac101 View Post
I don't know about Utah, but Michigan spends $1.9 Billion to take care of these losers. That's twenty percent of our general fund! That money is so desperately needed in other areas, but we can't take away the inmates' TV and hot meals!
Almost criminal, isn't it?

Old 01-30-2010, 02:56 PM   #7
tricksterpup
Rich,
I think they want you do this in your retirement.

Old 01-30-2010, 02:57 PM   #8
tricksterpup
or would you rather do this?

Old 01-30-2010, 07:57 PM   #9
Rich Z
I guess I'm not really sure how that would fit into my retirement plans....

Old 02-14-2010, 02:12 PM   #10
Austin M
Quote:

Kathy
It's easy to blame those in jail for the $1.9 Billion, but don't forget some people are getting very rich off of that money. Do you think those rich people have a vested interest in keeping as much money pumping into the system as possible? I think they do. Take away the prisoners TV and hot meals and I bet you'll still be paying $1.9 billion. lol

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google