CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Husbandry and Basic Care
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Husbandry and Basic Care General stuff about keeping and maintaining cornsnakes in captivity.

are you still feeding your snake mice & rats ???
Closed Thread

Old 02-21-2005, 02:27 AM   #11
Joejr14
Whatever dude, you're acting like a kid.

If you want to share your information, then do so. But dont come on the board and say something in an attempt to lure people and make them curious only to boost ego.

Old 02-21-2005, 02:28 AM   #12
Spirit
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joejr14
But dont come on the board and say something in an attempt to lure people and make them curious only to boost ego.
Then why are you feeding it??

Old 02-21-2005, 02:31 AM   #13
E. g. guttata
this is crappy advertisement, I don't think you have crap. If we have to come strait out and ask you to tell us the secret (obvioulsy asking what you use isn't good enough) then there is nothing special about it. This thread blowas chunks . Have fun with your BS project.

Old 02-21-2005, 02:55 AM   #14
Vinman
Angry waite one munite

you could can be patient relax you are in a hurry like iI said before I dont want any heat I dont mind letting you know what is up but not one person said to me I would try it out .Remember I dont need the crap. I told you I put up this post to see if anybody wanted to try somthine new not hey guess what I found out sory I dont play that. grow up be patience If you dont want to try something new then what do you care. to me it seems that you are comming on this thred to start s**t just what I did not want

Old 02-21-2005, 03:22 AM   #15
CornCrazy
Who in their right mind would say they are going to try it...without even knowing what it is? I am with everyone else...I do not agree with your approach. Either tell us, or drop it. We are not horses. You can't dangle a carrot in front of us and just expect us to follow.

Old 02-21-2005, 03:24 AM   #16
Mykuhl
Hello Vinman. I for one am very interested to know what you are feeding your corns if not rodents. If it is so much cheaper and produces good results then I am interested. The only thing I can think of that it could be is chicks or maybe quail.

Anyways, I hold you do end up share the information.

Old 02-21-2005, 04:13 AM   #17
princess
Vinman, I've been supportive of you in the past when everyone else has been giving you sh**, so I think you need to not embarass me here and make me look like I was supporting a looney. Just tell us what it is you do.

Old 02-21-2005, 08:44 AM   #18
bfckarlos
I've just caught this thread, and I for one am curious what you are feeding you snakes, but this can be a bit tedious if all you want is attention.

I thought this forum was for discussion and information and not being pathetic.

Old 02-21-2005, 11:47 AM   #19
Vinman
Smile you go it

Like Isaid just dont give me crap this works Ok heres the raw deal I ran out of money a few years back I went broke. My snakes didn't eat for over two weeks . I had to make a choice eather sell off my snakes and all my work goes into somebody else is hands or find a cheap food source. So I thought to myselfe well what would a corn eat in the wild that I could buy cheep . well I know down south they call corns, red chicken snakes. and what I found out from farmers that corns grow big around the chicken coop. so I went to the store and they had chicken necks for 39 cents a pound so I bought a package to try. I said to myself well in the neck you got tiny bones, meat and fat just like a mouse . I said there is a lot of diseases from raw ckicken so I boiled it well let me tell you 3/4 fo my animals ate it half took it right away. So i said you need variety I said to myself turkey is to big for a corn to eat but what about a turkey chick I'm sure a 4 foot corn or bigger would be able to eat a chick.There I go back to the market and buy some turkey only 99 cents a pound alot more money but still cheep. I boiled it and there agin some ate it and to my suprise some of the corns that did not eat chicken ate the turkey. But I wanted more variety. there was no organ meat in there diet so I tried chicken and turkey hearts, gizzards, and once a month livers but still not all ate the stuff so I fed the stubborn snakes ever 2 weeks a mouse ,befor the mouse I would offer chicken & turkey. well after a few months ever adult and 9/10 of my juves. ate it. I wanted more variety so I siad dam, the big pythons eat pig .Not corns could you just think of a corn with a pickrey in it NO WAY ! but what the hell I tryed it I cut a pork chop I had in the frezzer and boiled it in the broth of the ckicken necks they ate it and it didn't kill them. so I bought fresh pork sholder for 89 cents a pound cut it into strips. and had a nice pork bone for pea soup for me. THE third time I went to feed pork I did not use any broth just water but would they eat it .Some ate it with out a bird sent. So here I go with my new food source boiled Pork, chicken and turkey. the cleanest food that I could feed my snakes boiling kills all the germs and parasites.I use all differnt parts of the chicken just remember remove the big chunks of fat .the same goes for pork but use fresh pork not smoked or cured. Turkey is way more lean and I can use everthing but the neck the bones are to big for corns. You can cut the meat any size you want to to meet the needs of your snake . if anybody trys this please get in touch with me. thank you and good luck. Vinny

Old 02-21-2005, 12:06 PM   #20
daisy
I'm not trying to dis your idea here...but didn't I read a while back that snakes can't handle cooked food? I can't remember if I actually read that or not....

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google

Closed Thread