CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Husbandry and Basic Care
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Husbandry and Basic Care General stuff about keeping and maintaining cornsnakes in captivity.

Building your own rack system

Old 02-27-2005, 03:16 AM   #91
Quigs
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcar
Hey Paul, looks like one of your snows is trying to show us that it's water dish is empty!

Hehe...

Nice work buddy, looks pretty good! Just out of curiosity, what's in the Kritter keeper there on the bottom right?

Quigs

Old 02-27-2005, 03:33 AM   #92
Joejr14
Paul,

Any reason that you've only got two shelves, and didnt use a shelf for the top of the sterilite?

I'd be afraid that my corns would pop the tops off the sterilte if there wasn't a shelf resting over it to keep it on snug.

Just curious.

Mine's really crude and therefore no pic shall be posted, but it's been great and done it's purpose. It's let me increase from 4 to 8, with more on the way for next year. I figure it can hold at least 18---even more if I adjust the top shelf and make it a 'hatchling' shelf for the 6qt sterilites.

Old 02-27-2005, 11:17 AM   #93
reptile_addict
Quote:
Originally Posted by CAV
Does anyone else have pictures of their racks they'd be willing to share?

Nice Job Drizz!
Thanks for the help CAV. Sorry for being rude in all the other posts. I shouldn't have asked all those questions 2 times or 5 TIMES!!!! I am starting my rack on wednesday and may be soon in a few days after. I will be glad to share pics when I'm done.

P.S. Can you please send me plans on making a rack for bigger tubs for bloods? I want it just to hold corns and bloods. Thanks.

Old 02-27-2005, 12:43 PM   #94
Joejr14
Just customize it for whatever sized tubs you plan on using---not difficult.

Old 02-27-2005, 01:30 PM   #95
reptile_addict
hey Joe, do you know a tub thats good for bloods?

Old 02-27-2005, 01:34 PM   #96
Joejr14
No idea. Perhaps you'd get a better response if you posted that question on the appropriate forum, instead of a cornsnakes one. Head over to Fauna and see if someone there can help you.

What is this, the 6th time now?

Old 02-27-2005, 01:59 PM   #97
reptile_addict
I posted over there, no one knows.

Old 02-28-2005, 12:32 PM   #98
pcar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quigs
Hey Paul, looks like one of your snows is trying to show us that it's water dish is empty!

Hehe...

Nice work buddy, looks pretty good! Just out of curiosity, what's in the Kritter keeper there on the bottom right?

Quigs
No, I had just filled the water dish...he was attracted to the flashing lights.

The critter keeper has nothin' in it. That is one of my feeding boxes. There are 2 Basking lamp shrouds behind it though.

And thanks.

Old 02-28-2005, 12:36 PM   #99
pcar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joejr14
Paul,

Any reason that you've only got two shelves, and didnt use a shelf for the top of the sterilite?

I'd be afraid that my corns would pop the tops off the sterilte if there wasn't a shelf resting over it to keep it on snug.

Just curious.

Mine's really crude and therefore no pic shall be posted, but it's been great and done it's purpose. It's let me increase from 4 to 8, with more on the way for next year. I figure it can hold at least 18---even more if I adjust the top shelf and make it a 'hatchling' shelf for the 6qt sterilites.

The biggest reason I didnt' add 2 more shelves is the fact that I ran out of the plywood that I used. I am working on another one that the current one will sit on top of, that will be used for mainly hatchlings and will there for have more shelves. I might even add more shelves to the current one...as I made it so that I could take it apart if needed.

Old 02-28-2005, 12:39 PM   #100
jrobinson
Quote:
Originally Posted by drizzt_19
So since it has risen again, I will post a pic of my rack, it is not completly done yet but will have to work til this spring...It holds 1 adult, 6 Juvi's, 21 hatchling's...When I get the other one's built I will post a pic of them...

This rack cost me:

$73 for the melamine
$30 for the sterilite tubs
and 3 hrs of me time...

p.s. please excuse the dirty hatchling tubs as today was cleaning day...Sorry
what do you use for heat drizzt_19? didnt see an in the pic?

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google