CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Husbandry and Basic Care
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Husbandry and Basic Care General stuff about keeping and maintaining cornsnakes in captivity.

Male Popping Pic

Old 03-02-2009, 09:24 PM   #31
admitchell08
Quote:
Originally Posted by medusacoils View Post
Well, it is the ultimate indication of love, anyway.
Quote:
Originally Posted by HoosierHerper View Post
^ Remind me to never, ever under any circumstance ask of yours and Christine's bedroom habits?!?!?!!??
Hey...whatever floats your boat, man!

Old 03-03-2009, 06:57 AM   #32
Duane
Josh the guy i got my BP from said the same thing as RobbiesCornField BP's need to be probed for accurate sexing, so needless to say im searching for a probeing kit.

Old 03-03-2009, 02:57 PM   #33
Em Wright
You need to exercise EXTREME caution when probing. Before you do it yourself you should have somebody who has done it before (and is experienced in doing it) show you how to probe.

Old 03-03-2009, 04:19 PM   #34
HoosierHerper
Em you beat me to it! I read that this morning, but had to leave for work...
Duane, do the same as me...study study study...and before you even try it, find someone that already knows how and have them show you.

My plan is to trust my popping for now, but before I buy a mate for "her", bring her to the next show. Whichever vendor I find that I like, I will simply put it to them like this.
You show me how to probe, and confirm the sex of MY snake, and I will buy the opposite sex of YOUR snake...

I think they would do it...

-Josh

Old 03-03-2009, 06:12 PM   #35
Shiari
I think they would too. That's a great idea!

Just popped Dier... pops as female! Completely different looking from how Stupid did.

Old 03-03-2009, 08:33 PM   #36
Carinata
The best way to have a snkae sexed is by the breeder. If you try to do it without having alot of experience as it says in all the rat snake books I know you can severly damage the snake.

Old 03-03-2009, 08:37 PM   #37
HoosierHerper
David I am asking you nicely...AGAIN to stay out of my threads. Apparently you can't give your two cents without ticking everyone off, including me. I just got "warned" for the last thread that you butted into, and I seriously do not appreciate it since PAGES back I asked you the same thing: To stay out of my threads.

Regards,
-Josh

Old 03-03-2009, 08:42 PM   #38
Carinata
josh, I have as much right as anyone to post. If you notice I didnt say "Hey you idiot your gonna hurt it" I said very nicley that you can hurt a snake that way if not done right. You got a warning because I backed off and you still flamed me. I don't appriciate the thing about me being a bad keeper.
All the best,
David

Old 03-03-2009, 08:55 PM   #39
ArpeggioAngel
David - I have never once said anything to you in any thread about anything. But I have read and followed your exploits around the forum.

Here is my opinion...
I think you really like snakes, I think you want to learn all you can about them, I think you want to share information you have learned. The problem is, a lot of the information you sprout off is not entirely accurate (or in some cases not accurate at all).

In this particular instance - anyone can learn to "pop" their baby snakes. It is not difficult and if done correctly, can be done successfully by anyone. Yes, a snake can get hurt if it is not done correctly, but to post that no one but a breeder should do it is not true. If you read this thread from the beginning - Josh has been very forthcoming about how to do it and to be careful about it. He posted a very good video and even discussed Kathy Love's video. Now if Kathy has a video posted on her website where anyone can learn how to do it - wouldn't you think that is good information? I mean, Kathy is one of the foremost breeders of cornsnakes in the country.

I really think you should keep a lot of your "facts" and opinions to yourself as it seems that every time you try to post them, you end up in one argument or another and are never willing to see that maybe someone else is right and you are wrong. You want to make a good impression with people and have them be your friends on this forum, yet all you keep doing is sticking your foot in your mouth instead. Maybe if you took some time, backed off and actually read and learned from some of the people on here, you wouldn't feel so "attacked" all the time.

Just my opinion though...

Old 03-03-2009, 09:04 PM   #40
admitchell08
Hey Josh, just wanted to know that I successfully popped my snakes just now! My ghost, Avery, easily proved to be a male. (It was SO easy!)
My amel, Red, and my normal, Raider, are females. At least I'm pretty sure of it. I'm 90% sure that Red is a female, and I'm 60% sure that Raider is female as well.

Anyhow..just wanted to share the news! Now I gotta go fix my sig!

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google