CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Husbandry and Basic Care
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Husbandry and Basic Care General stuff about keeping and maintaining cornsnakes in captivity.

Male Popping Pic

Old 03-22-2009, 10:18 PM   #721
HoosierHerper
I have sent an email to Susan requesting that this thread be moved to the "General Chit-Chat" forum...
When Cambria gets a little bigger I will pop her and take a pic.
I will then go ahead and post a new "What to Look For When Popping" thread with the two comparison pics (male/female). If this thread gets moved, I have promised her that the new one will stay on topic

Thanks everyone,
Josh

Old 03-23-2009, 12:18 AM   #722
medusacoils
Quote:
Originally Posted by HoosierHerper View Post
I have sent an email to Susan requesting that this thread be moved to the "General Chit-Chat" forum...
When Cambria gets a little bigger I will pop her and take a pic.
I will then go ahead and post a new "What to Look For When Popping" thread with the two comparison pics (male/female). If this thread gets moved, I have promised her that the new one will stay on topic

Thanks everyone,
Josh
I got an opportunity to pop a few snakes and have gotten better at it. I did it for the first time with the snakes at PetCo. I didn't own them, the employee didn't mind that I did it, so I did. I have read about and seen it done, so many times, that when I tried it, it was easy! A little pressure but not too much is all that is needed. The hemipenes of the males, poked right out and the females just developed a bump. It was much easier then I thought! Thanks for the tips, JOSH!!

Wayne

Old 03-23-2009, 09:30 AM   #723
Susan
No rules have been broken. The money I speak of is the bandwidth that must be purchased to save stuff such as what follows, stuff that has no relevance to the thread and should have, IMO, been taken to chat or at the minimum, PM or Visitor Message. It is a personal conversation between 2 people.

Quote:
Originally Posted by admitchell08 View Post
Hello my lovelies!
Anyone on tonight?
Quote:
Oh bummer...
Quote:
So what are you up to tonight?
Quote:
Ouch!!!!!!!!
Quote:
My last night before my three day...and then I get Lucy all weekend! I'm excited...I am going to go to my mom's one night and stay there so she can see my little brother...
Other than work though, not too much right now...
Looking at houses...lol...but I can't move for another year or so...
Quote:
Well shoot...sounds like quite the evening.
I'm officially on spring break. Woot!
And I can't freakin wait till Tuesday when I get my new babies.
Do you not have any pics of the blood you are getting?
ETC...

Moving the thread is not the point. The DYK thread, etc. are slightly different than this situation. Off-topic posts happen and I have no problem with them. I post them myself. But there is a difference, IMO, between off-topic posts and the usual banter of this site, and the idle chit-chat that is becoming more prevalent in threads.

Old 03-23-2009, 09:50 AM   #724
Roy Munson
Quote:
Originally Posted by Susan View Post
Off-topic posts happen and I have no problem with them. I post them myself. But there is a difference, IMO, between off-topic posts and the usual banter of this site, and the idle chit-chat that is becoming more prevalent in threads.
I guess we're on the same wavelength:

http://www.cornsnakes.com/forums/sho...407#post825407

Old 03-23-2009, 11:26 AM   #725
admitchell08
Like I said in Dean's thread, I'm sorry.
I (nor the other 3 or 4 that engaged in this) had no idea that it was that upsetting.
I do understand where each of you are coming from.
Once again, I do apologize. I'll be sure not to do it again.

Old 03-23-2009, 11:27 AM   #726
HoosierHerper
So I guess anytime I am logged in to cs I will log into Facebook guys...find me...
Josh Griffith from Greenfield, IN.

Peace out.

Old 03-23-2009, 04:35 PM   #727
Candyflipz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Susan View Post
Really...

I haven't looked at this thread in quite awhile, but just now wondered why it had gotten to over 700 posts. I go straight to the last page and see ONE post relevant to the original topic and over 30 posts of chit chat that does not belong here. There is a chat room associated with this forum for that, plus a myriad of other places for people to just go and talk. Why waste space and Rich's money (and mine and all the other contributor's) on pages and pages of off-topic chatter?
OH my goodness I didn't even THINK that far! I guess it's very easy to forget that bandwidth does cost money these days and that each of these posts takes up a little more of the bandwidth paid for by all the amazing contributing members and Rich especially.

I'm SO SORRY for any of my posts that fall under a chit-chat category and I should have been more observant that this thread is, in fact, not in the general chit-chat forum and even so, I'm sure several of my posts were most likely unnecessary to even bother taking up the bandwidth they used.

I do agree however that this thread shouldn't be completely deleted because through some of the random chit chat and banter several awesome points were made and even more questions answered. I agree it's very tiresome to sift through some of the banter to find the useful on-topic information, but as I was one of those early contributors to unnecessary banter, I've followed every single post as it was made (for the most part). I've learned quite a bit from some of the banter as I'm sure others who may have read the thread have.

I'm not sure of the best course of action to take with whether the thread should be moved or not, but as Josh did start it and he continues to be the main contributor on the thread I'm going to say whatever he believes is best, probably is. I will also agree with any decision made by a contributing member who may believe their money was wasted on our unnecessary banter as it is obviously their right to know their money is used wisely and productively.

So anyway, in the future I, too, will be on facebook and you all are welcome to come find me ^_^ Lindsay Robusto in the St. Mary's MD network (it's a college). I apologize again if I offended anyone or if anyone is upset with the outcome of the direction of this thread and I hope that we can come to an agreement and there will be no harm done

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google