CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Health Issues/Feeding Problems
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Health Issues/Feeding Problems Anything related to general or specific health problems. Issues having to do with feeding problems or tips.

Head twitching..? Normal??

Old 09-30-2010, 03:57 AM   #1
oakleyman18
Head twitching..? Normal??

Hi All,

A question about my cornsnake, she is 10 years old, and very healthy! However I've just noticed her do something which she's never done before, and wanted to check with others to see if this is at all normal..

What she does, is when she looks upwards and around, her head bobs and twitches, a few times a second, almost like she's vibrating.. Is this a muscular problem or nerves or something?

I've attached a link to a little video which will hopefully make it a bit clearer...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QZyzh_9eG6Q

She has just begun turning cloudy ready to shed, but I noticed this behaviour at least a week ago, so don't think it's connected..?

Anyone have any ideas please? I'm a tad concerned..

Thanks!

Oscar

Old 09-30-2010, 10:42 AM   #2
psychoprimate84
Looks like it wasn't just her head twitching but part of her body too. My snakes would do that during put together for breeding or if I touched them. Looks like maybe she was doing it when she was sliding on herself or something she was slithering past tickled her. If she just started doing it, don't think its neurological, IMO.

Old 09-30-2010, 10:44 AM   #3
wasuslitherin
I think it has something to do with the shed. My Opal male does it within a few weeks of shedding.

Old 10-01-2010, 06:43 PM   #4
carnivorouszoo
I have never seen that before myself, looked kind of like hiccups or something. I hope its not linked to any kind of illness. Lovely snake btw!

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google