CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Health Issues/Feeding Problems
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Health Issues/Feeding Problems Anything related to general or specific health problems. Issues having to do with feeding problems or tips.

Is she gona be okay?

Old 10-09-2010, 07:45 PM   #1
Nitelion94
Unhappy Is she gona be okay?

Hello. my snake ate her pinkie backwards and im worried. idk if thats bad or what

Old 10-09-2010, 07:50 PM   #2
tirevy
That's fine. Mine used to do that all the time. She eventually started eating them nose-first.

Old 10-09-2010, 07:51 PM   #3
dionythicus
They're called butt-munchers when they eat the mouse butt first. Nothing to worry about. Its always worth a laugh when they do that.

Old 10-09-2010, 07:58 PM   #4
Beothon Lover
i've had several my snake eat their food butt first..i call them 'butt munchers'. its ok for them to eat the prey backwards...wont hurt them any. may take a bit longer to swallow but it wont hurt them any.

Old 10-09-2010, 08:12 PM   #5
Nanci
They can't determine which end is which until the mouse has fur. The way they tell is by feeling for the hard skull and feeling the direction of the fur. There's a really cool Snake Bytes TV episode where they try to trick all different sizes/kinds of snakes into taking the prey tail first. They could only get the snakes who were eating pinks to do it. It was a recent episode.

Old 10-09-2010, 08:17 PM   #6
Fatman608
Hey Nitelion94,

This is serious business you got to stop it now or your snake will poop the pinky backwards. Have you ever seen backward poop? The poop goes from brown to brown and not the normal way of brown to brown. There is no way of stopping it now but next time get a left handed pinky because the problem is you are feeding right handed pinkies.

I had the same problem but with nails. I would reach into the bag and pull out a right handed nail when I needed a left handed nail because of that I never got the sheetrock on the garage walls. The guy at Lowe's will not sell me left handed nails either.

Love the Fatman

Old 10-09-2010, 09:03 PM   #7
Vicic17
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fatman608 View Post
Hey Nitelion94,

This is serious business you got to stop it now or your snake will poop the pinky backwards. Have you ever seen backward poop? The poop goes from brown to brown and not the normal way of brown to brown. There is no way of stopping it now but next time get a left handed pinky because the problem is you are feeding right handed pinkies.

I had the same problem but with nails. I would reach into the bag and pull out a right handed nail when I needed a left handed nail because of that I never got the sheetrock on the garage walls. The guy at Lowe's will not sell me left handed nails either.

Love the Fatman
LOL i love you Fatman.

Old 10-09-2010, 10:17 PM   #8
Jdog3131
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fatman608 View Post
Hey Nitelion94,

Love the Fatman
:rofl mao:I HAVE SEEN BACKWARDS POO I HATE THE PEOPLE AT THE SHOP TO MANY LEFT HANDED MICE LOL you are easily the funniest person on here

Old 10-10-2010, 09:08 AM   #9
Nitelion94
its the 2nd time ive fed her. she did fine the first time but this time she was still in my hand when she struck the mouse. she hit it in the head but by the time i got her off my hand she let go and bit the butt

Old 10-10-2010, 11:42 AM   #10
Jdog3131
it doesn't matter

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google