CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Miscellaneous Corn Snake Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Miscellaneous Corn Snake Discussions This is a "none of the above" forum. All posts should still be related to cornsnakes in one form or another, but some slight off topic posting is fine.

How Much Is This Snake Worth?

Old 03-02-2004, 06:20 PM   #1
Spitfire
How Much Is This Snake Worth?

Could anybody tell just by age, sex, and color/morph?

Old 03-02-2004, 06:21 PM   #2
Spitfire
It's a normal motley, about three months old, a female, and has no feeding problems. (Eats two pinkies every five days.) <----- (F/T pinks)

Old 03-02-2004, 06:49 PM   #3
CornCrazy
Serpenco sells lone female normal motleys for $37.50. Yours doesn't have a good dorsal pattern so I'd say you could probably sell her for $30.00.

Old 03-02-2004, 06:58 PM   #4
mylittleFURY
no she is worht from 40- 120$ i got my okettee for 50$ and my rosy albino for 65$ so it just depends on how much people will by them 4

Old 03-02-2004, 07:08 PM   #5
CornCrazy
Someone might pay $40-$120 for her at a pet store, but not over the internet...

Old 03-02-2004, 07:26 PM   #6
Sparda
CornCrazy is right....

Last year I purchased a 2 year old normal motley male from a breeder for $50. At any local shows I have been to, ones like yours go for $25-$30.
Pet stores........Ahh now that is a different story....one word OVERPRICED!!!!!!!

Old 03-02-2004, 08:25 PM   #7
Joje126
Overpriced pet stores...

I too have noticed how much more the corns go for in the pet stores. We have a large chain-like (dont know if it actually is part of a chain) pet store that is relatively reliable in their reptile department (their fish are another story). Their normals and amels start at $65 and they currently have what looks to be a creamsicle priced at $99. Keep in mind that these are small hatchlings.

As for the worth of your snake, I paid $35 for my male snow motley at a herp show. I think I got a good deal on him to begin with, but he does have quite a bit of yellow on his sides which isnt necessarily always a wanted trait. Also his motley pattern is much more consistent than on yours.

Of course, just because she doesnt have a high market value, doesnt mean she isnt valuable to you

Old 03-02-2004, 10:51 PM   #8
CAV
Sam,

Since I'm about the closest to ya, I'll give you a comparison:

At an Arlington show last April, I bought a great little snow motley with a perfect circle pattern for $25.

Are you looking to sell it already??

Old 03-02-2004, 11:48 PM   #9
Spitfire
No, I'm not looking to sell it. Do you know how long I had to beg my parents to get it? Lol. I paid 30 bucks for the snake and I wanted to compare its value to how much I paid. I did get it at the Reptile Expo (Texas Reptiles) in Arlington last December.

Old 03-10-2004, 09:54 PM   #10
Spitfire
Would the belly pattern make any difference? What is the difference between belly patterns? Is there really a difference between a checkered bell or a normal belly, valuewise and breedingwise? Here's a pic of the belly.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google