CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Want an edit button and other perks? Become a contributing member! Click here.

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > DYK...
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

DYK... From corn snakes to carnosaurs, string beans to string theory, whining to fine wines, fig newtons to Isaac Newton, trout streams to stream of consciousness, if you've ever felt like a wallflower, this is the metaphorical meadow for you to feel free to come and bloom, or just chant or rant like a blooming idiot.

Did You Know 5: Son Of Pickled Bologna!
Closed Thread

Old 04-18-2012, 05:07 PM   #26101
MysticExotics
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tara80 View Post
DYK, I think I plan to start building a large chicken coop next week. Sounds like a fun project. Now I just have to figure out how I want to design it...
DYK I would love to build a chicken coop! I think I can have up to 3 or 4 chickens in the city, (no roosters), but per my rental contract, no farm animals.
I'll have to wait til I buy a house. I definitely want to grow my own eggs!!

Old 04-18-2012, 05:28 PM   #26102
Tara80
DYK, lemmie know if your contract ever changes Heather! Weston is showing chickens now and he's currently got a couple of Lavender Orpingtons (it's interesting how the genes are almost exactly the same as our corns! lol) and has some Black Cornishes, Lakenvelders, Brahmas and Egyptian Fayoumis on the way (if I spelled those correctly).

And we're planning on importing some Russian Orloffs and Hungarian Yellows!
I'd love to help you and give you some babies if/when things ever change for you.
I grew up raising chickens and having fresh eggs. I love it, and it's a good responsibility for my son (he's out there every day feeding them and playing with them, he likes to flip over logs and rocks for bugs/slugs/snails for them). Also the cornish are for the stew pot!

As soon as they're in full production I'll start sending/bringing you eggs!

Old 04-18-2012, 06:00 PM   #26103
Lennycorn
Quote:
Originally Posted by beautifullywild77 View Post
DYK Dick Clark died
Yes, it's a shame I do remember watching the ABS. 82 Wow!

Old 04-18-2012, 06:06 PM   #26104
susang
DYK I miss chickens more then any of the farm animals we had. This last Saturday we took our great granddaughter to a goat dairy for their spring open house. She had so much fun playing with the babies and while we were there a doe kidded Ali was so excited and had her face as close as she could get it to see what was happening. On the way home she said farming is hard work and was asleep in minutes. We love the cheeses from this dairy they do a hard goat cheese which is awesome grated over almost anything or served with a drizzle of honey.
DYK they also had a wine tasting, Cuckoo's Nest Frizze, sooooo good.

Old 04-18-2012, 06:08 PM   #26105
rich333
DYK... I used to watch ABS as well! And listen to the radio show he had...Can't think of the name.... Something like "top 40 Hits" or something...who knows! RIP Dick!

Old 04-18-2012, 06:26 PM   #26106
Nanci
DYK anyone watching Survivor tonight??

Old 04-18-2012, 06:52 PM   #26107
susang
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nanci View Post
DYK Yup that Tarzan doc guy is strange, I don't know if I could live on an island with him. I'm guessing other players are thinking being up against him in final who would vote for him. He is just too strange.

Old 04-18-2012, 07:07 PM   #26108
rich333
Quote:
Originally Posted by susang View Post
DYK Yup that Tarzan doc guy is strange, I don't know if I could live on an island with him. I'm guessing other players are thinking being up against him in final who would vote for him. He is just too strange.
DYK... thats the old guy right?? LOL I picked him to win after watching the first show of season.

Old 04-18-2012, 07:12 PM   #26109
MysticExotics
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tara80 View Post
DYK, lemmie know if your contract ever changes Heather! Weston is showing chickens now and he's currently got a couple of Lavender Orpingtons (it's interesting how the genes are almost exactly the same as our corns! lol) and has some Black Cornishes, Lakenvelders, Brahmas and Egyptian Fayoumis on the way (if I spelled those correctly).

And we're planning on importing some Russian Orloffs and Hungarian Yellows!
I'd love to help you and give you some babies if/when things ever change for you.
I grew up raising chickens and having fresh eggs. I love it, and it's a good responsibility for my son (he's out there every day feeding them and playing with them, he likes to flip over logs and rocks for bugs/slugs/snails for them). Also the cornish are for the stew pot!

As soon as they're in full production I'll start sending/bringing you eggs!
DYK Sweet! I love fresh, home grown eggs! When I lived in my previous rental, the neoghbors across the strees used to give me eggs.
I will definitely let you know when I can grow my own chickens!
I'd love to grow some for meat as well. Although I wouldn't like the killing part. :/
Be sure to post pics of them!

Quote:
Originally Posted by susang View Post
DYK I miss chickens more then any of the farm animals we had. This last Saturday we took our great granddaughter to a goat dairy for their spring open house. She had so much fun playing with the babies and while we were there a doe kidded Ali was so excited and had her face as close as she could get it to see what was happening. On the way home she said farming is hard work and was asleep in minutes. We love the cheeses from this dairy they do a hard goat cheese which is awesome grated over almost anything or served with a drizzle of honey.
DYK they also had a wine tasting, Cuckoo's Nest Frizze, sooooo good.
DYK How cute is that!!Sounds like a great day!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nanci View Post
DYK I don't watch it, but I recently found out one of the recently released males is a local here.

Old 04-18-2012, 07:15 PM   #26110
susang
Quote:
Originally Posted by rich333 View Post
DYK... thats the old guy right?? LOL I picked him to win after watching the first show of season.
DYK he might although he is odd and some don't like him on the show, has he made any real enemies. I also think maybe he deserves to win, at least one for the old guys afterall the game is a foot, lol.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google

Closed Thread

Tags
the tags miss us