CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > The Cultivars (morphs)/Genetics Issues
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

The Cultivars (morphs)/Genetics Issues Discussions about genetics issues and/or the various cultivars for cornsnakes commercially available.

Tessera Corns- UPDATE

Old 06-29-2011, 11:02 AM   #1
StrangeCargo
Tessera Corns- UPDATE

Last year my friend Don Shores of Shores Enuff Snakes ( http://www.shoresenuffsnakes.com/ ) got my Striped Tessera (I'll attach some younger pics of him)... Don just called me withs ome exciting news... He posted on another forum and wasn't sure if he was a cs.com member or not ... anyways, here is his post/info:

"This year I bred a Tessera corn I got from Graham Criglow that was from a Tessera to Tessera breeding. He is a striped Tessera. I bred it to a banded amel and 16 out of 16 eggs hatched were Tesseras. There were no bad eggs in the clutch. I am hoping this demonstrates that this is the first homozygote discovered (super form)."

If Don gets the same results next year this could be some awesome info!!!!!

Figured I'd share..

Old 06-29-2011, 11:37 AM   #2
JimGERcream
exciting! thanks for the info!

Old 06-29-2011, 11:56 AM   #3
Nanci
That's very exciting!!

Old 06-29-2011, 12:00 PM   #4
BloodyBaroness
Now that is some seriously exciting news!

Old 06-29-2011, 12:16 PM   #5
StrangeCargo
I was seriously excited when I heard the news.

Old 06-29-2011, 12:31 PM   #6
Drewby07
I was wondering when this would happen!

Old 06-29-2011, 12:33 PM   #7
Nanci
The fact that the sire is striped is unrelated, correct?

Old 06-29-2011, 12:49 PM   #8
Drewby07
I believe so, Nanci - from what I understand we're seeing a lot of striped tesseras popping up because one of the first crosses was a stripe.....Graham can correct if I'm wrong...

Old 06-29-2011, 12:52 PM   #9
Justin Guyer
That is incredible!

Old 06-29-2011, 01:26 PM   #10
StrangeCargo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drewby07 View Post
I believe so, Nanci - from what I understand we're seeing a lot of striped tesseras popping up because one of the first crosses was a stripe.....Graham can correct if I'm wrong...
The original 2.1 Tesseras were out of that "Striped Okeetee Project" so they did have the striped/motley gene floating around in the mix...many of the orig 2009 outcrosses were to multi-homozygous animals (many of which included stripes)... for example I have a Tessera het ghost stripe that should go in 2012. I really like the way the stripe cleans the sides up alot when combined with teh Tessera gene.

This particular animal's results have more to do with it being from a Tessera X Tessera breeding. Don is a great guy and I'm glad he had such a cool clutch this year with that male!

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google