CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > General Chit-Chat Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

General Chit-Chat Forum Discussion about general topics that are really off topic concerning corn snakes, or just about any old chit at all.

What does your user name mean?

Old 04-21-2004, 11:46 AM   #1
Edmund
What does your user name mean?

I go by Edmund simply because it's my middle name. But there are some strange ones out there that I'd like to know what they mean.

Old 04-21-2004, 11:56 AM   #2
Skye
Skye is the name of my first, and in many ways my favourite dragon

it also happens to be a Scottish Island. I have very fond memories of Scotland, not least because I met my husband there, got engaged to him, and even got married in a Scottish castle. It is a very beautiful country, and the Isle of Skye is a stunning place to visit. I have many memories of hiking and cycling in and across Scotland, and look forward to returning one day.

(This picture was done by a talented young Scottish artist Jamie Simpson.)

Skye

Old 04-21-2004, 12:11 PM   #3
Drizzt80
Drizzt Do'Urden is a drow elf, underground, evil, dark elves, in the fantasy world created by R.A. Salvatore. Drizzt goes against his culture and ascends to the surface to fight the good fight. (Way too simple of an explanation to do it justice!) At the time I started using the internet, chat rooms, message boards, etc. Drizzt was a pretty common nickname, so I had to add the number 80. It comes from Cris Carter's jersey number, ex-wide receiver for the Minnesota Vikings.

D80

Old 04-21-2004, 12:14 PM   #4
stuart
Stuart, my name.

Old 04-21-2004, 01:07 PM   #5
StubbyUK
Stubby is a nickname I got stuck with during my sporting days, and the UK is where I'm from

Stubby

Old 04-21-2004, 01:45 PM   #6
Tim Madsen
Tim = Short for Timothy which means honors God. Madsen = Danish, means Mads (a mans name) son.

Old 04-21-2004, 03:16 PM   #7
Bibz
(I speak french so the next names might sound a little weird)

Bibz is my nick name

since it's pretty uncommon i use it everywhere so i don't have to had a number. My nick name started as Bibi and then it was shortenend to Bibz and it stuck like that, i had it for almost 6 years now ...

Old 04-21-2004, 04:19 PM   #8
Marcel Poots
I refuse to use screennames. I have a hard time remembering each and every persons normal name let alone a nick name to go along with it

Old 04-21-2004, 05:27 PM   #9
Taceas
Unlike Marcel, I don't like my name well enough to use it for screen names. Besides that it's too long. Misty Dawn Lundberg? LoL =P

Taceas is a Latin derivative from the word "tacete" which basically tells a group to hush up, like a class full of students. =P

One day as a senior in Latin, I made the mistake of talking aloud in class. I was always the A-student, never got in trouble...except for that one day.

So the teacher yells at me: "Taceas!" Which essentially means, "You, shut-up!"

And ever since then, I've been Taceas. I use it on muds, chatrooms, IMs, and here. =)

Btw, it's pronounced Tac-kay-us

Old 04-21-2004, 05:27 PM   #10
niki
Talking

my user name is Niki because my name is niki (no big surprise i guess)

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google