CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > General Chit-Chat Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

General Chit-Chat Forum Discussion about general topics that are really off topic concerning corn snakes, or just about any old chit at all.

snakes in weird places

Old 04-21-2004, 01:47 PM   #1
cornmaniac
snakes in weird places

who has had a snake escape and found it in a weird place i had a amel escape and found it poking it's head out of the vacum cleaner hose

Old 04-21-2004, 04:41 PM   #2
hemolymph
awww that's so cute. I am so glad you didn't use the vaccume while he was missing !

Old 04-21-2004, 10:36 PM   #3
Skye
Can I go off topic and talk about a non-snake??

We lost a very young dragon once:

She just vanished from one minute to the next. We searched and we searched. Over the course of the next hour we became more and more concerned and started looking in increasingly obscure places. Eventually we saw the hole at the back of our computer where my husband had taken out the old video card. Although the opening was about 12 inches above the floor and seemed rather small for her to squeeze through we opened the computer case and there she was...fast asleep

although she did at least look a bit guilty when we found her

My best snake escapee story is finding my adult male ghost absolutely HUGE, lying next to the tub of thawing mice that had been placed out that morning for evening feeding. He had eaten about half the mice in there, and seemed to be just lying trying to make more room to finish them off. The tub was on top of a fridge, so I don't know how he got up there. A lot of snakes went hungry that evening!!

Skye

Old 04-21-2004, 10:59 PM   #4
Taceas
Lost my adult female motley corn in July 2002...found her 8 months later, in early March, lounging in some irises in my flowerbed adjacent to the house.

I had given up all hope. Just goes to show to never give up. =P

Adorable pictures, Skye!

I too lost my dragon for an entire day. After searching the common places first, I started for the obscure places next. Found him sound asleep inside my fish aquarium stand, curled up in an old fishbowl.

It has a 8 inch gap in the back of the wood stand for canister filters and whatnot, apparently he climbed in and made himself comfortable. =P

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google