CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > Classifieds Section > Corn Snakes For Sale
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Corn Snakes For Sale Got too many? Had a change of interest? Babies hatched out and you want to make some money so you can buy others? This is the place to try to sell them. ALL members may post ads here.

Auction III- Put your sunglasses on- HOT!
Closed Thread

Old 09-01-2011, 05:38 PM   #1
martin-bernstein
Auction III- Put your sunglasses on- HOT!

RARE LANDRACE LAVA

1.0 2009 Landrace Lava

The photo is accurate color-wise. This guy is unbelievably bright and rivals the best cayenne fires in intensity, though he's obviously more orange. Landrace lavas are rare on the market and I'm sad to see this guy go, but I'm keeping his ex-wife here with me.

(As a side note, he is fiestier than my other snakes and will need to be handled often and consistently if he is to become pet-quality.)

Auction Rules:

- Auction ends Thursday, September 8th, 11:30pm eastern time.

- Bid increments must be $10 or more. Starting bid is $150.

- Winner pays shipping.

- Winner commits to paying full amount including shipping within 48 hours after the auction ends unless we've arranged something different. If winner is unable to do so, the second runner up will have a chance to purchase the animal at his or her last bidding price.

Good luck!!

See my other auctions of corns and king snakes.

Old 09-01-2011, 08:20 PM   #2
herbager
Can you give me an explanantion of the term Landrace? He's beautiful and I am a bit of a novice. Thanks.

Old 09-01-2011, 08:29 PM   #3
Pasodama
Argh! Have been wanting to get another Landrace Lava for awhile now. A male in fact.
If only this auction had been a week sooner ... sigh.
Good Luck with the auction. Whoever decides to get this beautiful boy will be a lucky person!

Old 09-01-2011, 09:41 PM   #4
dave partington
150.-
and,
does he have any hets, for colors or patterns, not that it would change my starting bid.
Thanks for making him available.

Old 09-01-2011, 10:54 PM   #5
martin-bernstein
Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by herbager View Post
Can you give me an explanantion of the term Landrace? He's beautiful and I am a bit of a novice. Thanks.
Quote:
Originally Posted by dave partington View Post
does he have any hets,
Landrace lava is a term used to describe the bloodline of lavas directly descending from the very first lava that popped up in a specimen from Kathy Love's collection of wild caught corns from the Okeetee hunting club property in SC. Most specimens from this bloodline express the "red coat" or "red factor" gene, most likely a dominant gene believed to enhance the red and orange hues.

So, to answer your question Dave, no hets. Landraces have not been outcrossed with other morphs to produce compound morphs, so it is extremely unlikely that there are any hidden hets, and certainly none that are known.

To illustrate the difference between a regular outcrossed lava and a landrace lava see the attached pic of two of my females. Guess which is which

Old 09-02-2011, 09:03 PM   #6
dave partington
I'm guessing the slathery richness on the left is landrace.

Old 09-03-2011, 01:08 PM   #7
ecreipeoj
Quote:
Originally Posted by martin-bernstein View Post
Landrace lava is a term used to describe the bloodline of lavas directly descending from the very first lava that popped up in a specimen from Kathy Love's collection of wild caught corns from the Okeetee hunting club property in SC. Most specimens from this bloodline express the "red coat" or "red factor" gene, most likely a dominant gene believed to enhance the red and orange hues.

So, to answer your question Dave, no hets. Landraces have not been outcrossed with other morphs to produce compound morphs, so it is extremely unlikely that there are any hidden hets, and certainly none that are known.

To illustrate the difference between a regular outcrossed lava and a landrace lava see the attached pic of two of my females. Guess which is which
Close, Lava was discovered in a group of Hunt Club Okeetees that descend to wild caught by myself. Search for a thread called “The History of the Lava Gene”.

Landrace is a term that I started using instead of wild caught. It is a commonly used term in horticulture. I currently only own one Lava Corn that traces back to the original wild line. I have created several Landrace lines by crossing the Wild Line of Lava with Kathy Love Okeetees, Abbott’s Okeetees and other Hunt Club Okeetees, to keep them as pure as possible and traced back to wild caught on both sides. They are all traced back to wild caught with the ACR.

The Kathy Love Okeetee that I used to make that line, proved to be het for Sunkissed at a later date, so some Landrace Lavas from that line are 50% ph Sunkissed. The good news is, that I tested the Kathy Love Okeetee het Sunkissed for Stargazer, and she is Gazer free, so no Stargazer got mixed into this line.

This Landrace Lava IS a RedCoat even though he is very orange. The RedCoat gene is on top of Lavas already bright orange color, and it creates an even brighter, shinny, and saturated appearance. RedCoat Landrace Lavas are one of the most desirable of all Corns from my collection, This guy would be a wonderful start to any project you have in mind with Lava. He would be great to breed to another pure Okeetee line, to make more Landrace Okeetees het for Lava, and perhaps Diffused. A RedCoat Lava Bloodred from the Landrace Lava line would be hard to improve upon. His RedCoat gene is one of the newest and most desirable of all mutant genes at the moment other than Tessera and Palmetto.

Old 09-04-2011, 09:21 AM   #8
martin-bernstein
Bumpbumpbump

Old 09-05-2011, 11:02 AM   #9
Jim Godfrey
Yep!.....$160

Old 09-07-2011, 12:14 AM   #10
martin-bernstein
Bumpbumpbump

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google

Closed Thread