CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Want an edit button and other perks? Become a contributing member! Click here.

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > Member Forums > The Pacific Northwest
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

The Pacific Northwest A place to discuss current herp related topics; predominately within the Pacific Northwest, but all are certainly welcome. Feel free to enter and visit our corner of the US. This site will also feature current herp topics and events of Slithers ní Scales!

2012 pairings

Old 03-29-2012, 03:38 PM   #1
Tara80
2012 pairings

I will be posting my planned pairings and results here as the breeding season progresses.
I'm hoping for an interesting year!

Note: I have yet to have a new camera, so I will be linking photos of each snake from Iherp.

First pair:

Dark Sunkissed X Dark Sunkissed.

These are the Dark sunkisseds that are described in the 2011 cornsnake morph guide. I paired them last year and got non fertile eggs. After talking to Chuck and Connie, they've also obtained slugs from their dark sunkissed pairings.
Please keep your fingers crossed. This would be a nice morph to research and include in combinations down the road... if only for viable eggs.

Male: Quasi-Modo

Female: Esmeralda

Old 03-29-2012, 04:12 PM   #2
Tara80
Next is:

Suspect Sunkissed X Dark Sunkissed

Last year's eggs were fertile but did not hatch.

Male: Quasi-Modo

See picture above

Female: Alysra (purchased her in Daytona. She appears to be a sunkissed but absolutely no information from the breeder that I purchased her from).

Old 03-29-2012, 04:16 PM   #3
Tara80
Tessera X Ghost Stripe

Male: Toki

Female: Merlose (she has a complete stripe from head to tip of the tail)

Well, got 13 good eggs out of these two!
Looking forward to Tessera stripes het ghost!

Old 03-29-2012, 04:20 PM   #4
Tara80
I'm super excited to prove out this one.

Ice X Snow (suspect homo lava)

I wanted to note that the intent of this pairing is to prove Qetesh out as homo lava. She's definite het and suspected to be homozygous based on her coloration.
If all goes as I hope, the entire clutch should be Ice. Male has no known hets, but as you all know Amel can always pop up in the mix!

Male:

Female: Qetesh

Old 03-29-2012, 04:24 PM   #5
Tara80
Dilute Anery mot (pin stripe) X Anery Mot

Male: Ramsey

Female: Madge

Got a nice clutch of 17 eggs from these two. ALL are fertile but a few, for some reason are denting in a bit. Added some moisture, we'll see if that makes a difference.

Old 03-29-2012, 04:28 PM   #6
Tara80
I'm super excited for this one!!!!

Tessera (thick border) X Purple Lava

Male: Dexter

Female: Shirley (this is the only picture I have of her during shipping last year, she's fattened up very nicely since then - I believe she's a double clutcher).

Old 03-29-2012, 04:33 PM   #7
Tara80
Another one I'm excited to see the results from...

Christmas Anery X Strawberry

It will be interesting to see how red the babies turn out. It appears that Christmas barely, if at all, shows through with Anery.

Male: Black Jack

Female: Min

Old 03-29-2012, 04:37 PM   #8
Tara80
The F2s from this will be interesting to see, at the least. I was not planning on breeding her this year but she decided she wanted eggs anyway. She's clearly producing eggs and has been roaming around looking for a male for a while now. I put them together and they were locked in less than 5 minutes.

Honey X Lavender

Male: Van Skiver

Female: Berelain

Got a good pile of eggs from this couple. I forgot to count them before putting them in their container but there's quite a few.

Old 03-29-2012, 04:40 PM   #9
Tara80
Terrazzo X Terrazzo

Basic breeding. I've not witnessed a lock between these two. I bought them from JMG a few years back and never actually attempted to sex them. Here's keeping my fingers crossed that they are male and female!! LOL

Male: Perrin

Female: Zarine

Old 03-29-2012, 04:42 PM   #10
Tara80
Quote:
Originally Posted by iculatr View Post
Soo beautiful ----> Dexter and Madge
Thank you sir! Dexter is actually a breeding loan with SMR. I'm super excited for him to finally be old enough to get in the mix.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google