CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > General Chit-Chat Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

General Chit-Chat Forum Discussion about general topics that are really off topic concerning corn snakes, or just about any old chit at all.

snake traps

Old 05-28-2004, 11:21 PM   #1
shibbyherphuntr
Question snake traps

hi, i was wondering does any body know how to make a snake trap ? if not were could i get some snake traps?

Old 05-28-2004, 11:37 PM   #2
Jason B.
there are so many corns produced in captivity., why catch them? If you want to observe them or photograph them and apprietiate them no need for traps.

Old 05-29-2004, 01:00 AM   #3
shibbyherphuntr
yes i know

thanx for replying, but it is fun catching snakes in the wild.the traps would be 2 catch all kinds of snakes and not just corns. i love catching and observing snakes that are wild and that cant be tamed.

Old 05-29-2004, 01:17 AM   #4
Spitfire
I don't know if this would work for outdoors but it does help to catch a lost snake. What you do is take a 2-liter soda bottle (or anybottle for that matter) and about two thirds way up, you invert the bottle. (First of course you have to cut it.) Then put some kind of bait inside, preferably a mouse.

Old 05-29-2004, 09:29 AM   #5
shibbyherphuntr
so you mean....

so you mean take a 2-liter bottle and go 2 thirds the way up the bottle and cut.(on a coke 2 liter is that right above the plastic banner?) and then you take the top half and turn it upside down and stick it in the bottle? does the spout touch the bottom? and also how does it keep the snake from getting out?is it when it goes in and eats the mouse it is to fat to come back through the hole? LOL thanx for your reply..... any other replys would be apprecaited also!

Old 05-29-2004, 12:47 PM   #6
Spitfire
Yes, that's kinda how it works. The opening is really wide so it can easily get in and munch the mouse but it won't be able to get out of the tiny hole from the inside. Also, the fresh mouse will weigh him/her down for a while.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google