CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > General Chit-Chat Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

General Chit-Chat Forum Discussion about general topics that are really off topic concerning corn snakes, or just about any old chit at all.

new hobby, dont know!!!!!

Old 05-29-2004, 10:46 AM   #1
shibbyherphuntr
Question new hobby, dont know!!!!!

umm i was wondering can anybody explain the types of corns 2 me? like hypo,amel,striped.spotted,ghost....etc,im sure there is more but im not aware of them i was wondering could anybody explain the differences because im new in the hobby. also what are the rare kinds??????

Old 05-29-2004, 12:56 PM   #2
Arson
Shibby, there are over 60 different morphs and pattern variations among cornsnakes. It would take a good long post to describe them to you. However, may I suggest purchasing the "Corn Snake Manual" by Bill and Kathy Love? You can generally find it in any chain pet store for $9.95. Or, you can order it directly from their website for $14.10 at http://www.cornutopia.com and have it shipped to your door anywhere in the US.

If that's not in your budget, you might also try a link to this website here. This is the website of Don Soderberg and you'll be looking at a list of all of the cornsnakes he sells. He gives short descriptions of what each morph is and what it's made up of.

Hope this helps you.

Old 05-30-2004, 09:41 AM   #3
mattsnake
serpenco, (Rich Z's site) has a good list of morphs.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google