CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > General Chit-Chat Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

General Chit-Chat Forum Discussion about general topics that are really off topic concerning corn snakes, or just about any old chit at all.

Anyone from Florida?

Old 06-16-2004, 01:36 AM   #1
lnwolf88
Question Anyone from Florida?

Hello, My name is Rich and I reside in Tarpon Springs. Just curious as to who else out there is from Florida.

Hope to talk to you soon maybe we can exchange breeding strategies or general information. Always looking for people to go and do some field herping

Talk to ya soon

Old 06-16-2004, 02:36 AM   #2
hockeystop
I am from Florida, but I reside in California now. I grew up in St. Pete. Tarpon Springs is a nice city. Lots of nice greek folks there. If I was still there I would have been happy to go field herping with ya.

Old 06-16-2004, 11:45 AM   #3
CrazyCorn
I am from Port St. Lucie, FL. Bit far away.

Old 06-17-2004, 10:38 PM   #4
Susan
I'm in Brooksville (actually just a little north of Weeki Wachee). I usually don't go field herping except on my own 5 acres (or 10 acres if I look on my Mom's property next door), and usually I'm either trying to find an excapee or checking for hot herps to transplant away from my 2 small children. However, friends (new and old) are always welcome to search the area and I'm sure most of the few neighbors won't mind as long as they know what you're looking for. I'm in the middle of alot of Florida scrub land, a bear habitat, and prime herp country. A few of the snake species I've definately seen around here are corns (naturally), indigos, black racers, scarlet kings, rough green tree, eastern diamondback (there was one at least 6' long on the property before we built our home but, luckily, haven't seen it since), pygmy rattlers, and coral snakes. We also have a multitude of frogs and toads, anoles, Fl. scrub lizards (I'm partial to the little "scrubbies"), various skink species, other lizards I haven't even bothered to identify yet, gopher tortoises, and soft shell turtles (I don't know why I see these on my property, the nearest water is a sink hole about a mile away).

Old 06-22-2004, 08:57 PM   #5
Amelcorn
Hello, I live in Rockledge Fl. on the east coast, but I grew up in New Port Richey, used to go to Tarpon Springs all the time. Are you into corns? I've got corns, ball pythons, a bearded dragon, and a uromastyx. Have any questions and I'll give the info I know. Allison

Old 06-25-2004, 07:34 AM   #6
classiccorn
Cool orlando fl here

i am from orlando fla and am looking for someone to go herping with in my parts.
i have corns,dogs,horse.rats,mice,
thanks

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google