CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Health Issues/Feeding Problems
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Health Issues/Feeding Problems Anything related to general or specific health problems. Issues having to do with feeding problems or tips.

Doesn't drink by herself?

Old 10-26-2012, 06:02 PM   #1
unipt
Doesn't drink by herself?

I've never seen Loki drinking water by herself, only when I hold her and put them next to the bowl. I might not see when it happens, the thing is when I "make" her, she drinks a LOT, which is why I think she doesn't do it.

Is this normal behavior?

Old 10-26-2012, 06:05 PM   #2
Nanci
She drinks by herself.

Old 10-26-2012, 06:46 PM   #3
atomic peach
Is there any way to know if the snake does not drink by themselves?

Old 10-26-2012, 11:10 PM   #4
5 Star Serpents
If a snake isn't drinking on it's own you would see signs of dehydration, listlessness, lethargy, dry skin (if that makes sense) and obviously problems shedding.
Keep in mind that snakes also soak for hydration when they need too also...and that they are nocturnal so maybe if you sit up at night for a week or so in the dark and have a very dark light so you are still able to see I can assure you that this is when you will see them drink.

Old 10-26-2012, 11:33 PM   #5
Fatman608
Quote:
Originally Posted by atomic peach View Post
Is there any way to know if the snake does not drink by themselves?
Yes, put a camera on the snake 24/7 and watch the recording.

Old 10-27-2012, 06:33 AM   #6
yojoe05
lol herpanormal activity...the snake possesions : P. Okay enough bad jokes, like everybody else said since your snake is nocturnal she's drinking normally at night it's just not when you see her. It took a long time for me to catch ours in the act but I snuck in one night and found her swimming circles in her water dish and drinking it up. Since then I've caught her dropping her head down from her high hide and drinking from just the surface of her bowl without actually getting in it.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google