CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > General Chit-Chat Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

General Chit-Chat Forum Discussion about general topics that are really off topic concerning corn snakes, or just about any old chit at all.

Photo Shop???

Old 06-19-2004, 07:47 PM   #1
Alex Dew
Question Photo Shop???

Hey all

A long time ago on this site I posted a thread asking if there was a sit which I could reduce the size of pictures and then i could post them on this site. Anyway, lately I ahve reformatted my computer and I dont have that program anymore. I was wandering if you could mabey tell me what it was???
i think it might of been called Photo Shop pro 7 or 8???

I downloaded it from Kazaa last time.

Cheers

Alex

Old 06-20-2004, 09:41 AM   #2
starwarsdad
Photoshop is currently in version 8 (CS).

I would be careful about telling the world you are illegaly downloading copyrighted software on a public forum.

If you are running WindowsXP, you can use Image Resizer . It is a very simple, free program to resize images.

Best of luck!

Old 06-20-2004, 01:33 PM   #3
Alex Dew
Ok, thanks.

The one of I have downloaded before is a trial one. it lasts for 31 days, So I dont think it is illegal.

Alex

Old 06-21-2004, 07:28 PM   #4
Tracee
If all you want the proggy for is resizing I wouldn't get something as monstrous as Photoshop! Your computer probably has something already installed on it - XP comes with MS Photo Editor which is nice and easy to use..if that's no good I can give you some other suggestions that won't expire in a month

Old 06-21-2004, 11:38 PM   #5
starwarsdad
Actually, XP ships with the Picture Viewer which does not allow for editing or resizing.

Office ships with Photo Editor (great easy program to use BTW).

Old 06-21-2004, 11:44 PM   #6
Rich Z
I would suggest Paint Shop Pro. It's a very capable program, that for some things I find more useful than Photoshop. Yet it doesn't cost you an arm and a leg.

Old 06-22-2004, 03:21 PM   #7
Alex Dew
Yeah, Thanks guys. I have gone ahead and im downloading paint shop pro as we speak.

Alex

Old 06-23-2004, 01:58 PM   #8
Neumann
Alex,

I have an excellent program, which is open source, called the GIMP (Graphic Image Manipulation Project). I run it under BSD Unix but you can download a free Windows version from here.

Like most high end graphcs programs, the GIMP can be confusing and frustrating but it's still the best of the free, PhotoShop-like, packages I've found. Check it out.

Old 06-23-2004, 04:56 PM   #9
Alex Dew
Cheers neumann. i will give that a go too

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google