CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Health Issues/Feeding Problems
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Health Issues/Feeding Problems Anything related to general or specific health problems. Issues having to do with feeding problems or tips.

Is this mouse to big??

Old 01-25-2013, 09:30 PM   #1
MikeY4291990
Is this mouse to big??

I bought a live mouse for my corsnake today. I have no idea how old the snake is. Since getting it as a gift, I've been feeding it frozen pinkies (thawed first of course) and wanted to see its reaction to a live one. I attached some photos of the two. Th snake has been stalking it all day. Is the mouse to big?

Old 01-25-2013, 09:31 PM   #2
Nanci
WAY too big. And don't feed live. And get that poor mouse out of there before the snake gets hurt.

Old 01-25-2013, 09:32 PM   #3
AliCat37
I would say that's a bit too big. Also, I would go and do a search about live feeding. Quite frankly, your snake eats frozen thawed and you have no reason to feed live. It's a huge risk to your snake's immediate (bite wounds) and long term (parasites) health.

Old 01-25-2013, 09:34 PM   #4
MikeY4291990
Okay, thank you. Took it out a few hours ago. The guy at the pet store told me it was the right size (just trying to get a $1.50 sale I guess) and wasn't sure. Going to feed it to my friends snake then.

Old 01-25-2013, 09:38 PM   #5
Chip
The mouse is fine, other than being alive and your snake being too small to eat it! Now that that's behind us, let's talk about sand. Just looking out for your snake.

Old 01-25-2013, 09:39 PM   #6
Nanci
If you have been feeding pinks, the next step is a peach fuzzy. There is no reason, or benefit for feeding live.

Old 01-25-2013, 09:41 PM   #7
Nanci
Whoa- I thought that was paper towels! The snake should be on aspen, for burrowing. Sand is irritating and not appropriate at all for cornsnakes.

Old 01-25-2013, 09:41 PM   #8
AliCat37
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chip View Post
Now that that's behind, us let's talk about sand. Just looking out for your snake.
Oh! Didn't even see that... I thought it was wet paper towels..

Old 01-25-2013, 09:44 PM   #9
MikeY4291990
@Chip
Should I not be using sand? The substrate I was using was wood chips. The problem was that he burrowed beneath them and I could never see him. So I bought the sand and got some fake rocks for him to hide.

Old 01-25-2013, 09:47 PM   #10
MikeY4291990
I got swindled at the pet store.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google