CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Health Issues/Feeding Problems
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Health Issues/Feeding Problems Anything related to general or specific health problems. Issues having to do with feeding problems or tips.

Snake wont eat nutribac

Old 03-19-2013, 03:07 PM   #1
lilmike227
Snake wont eat nutribac

So my about two weeks ago my snake a food item that was a bit too big for him and regurged a very small amount but it was a regurge none the less. Ever since then he quit eating unless he was by himself in his tank and I started feeding single pinks and it is taking him twice as long to digest so I did some research and bought some nutribac. I cant get him to eat the mouse while is has nutribac on it. Any tips to get him to take them?

Old 03-19-2013, 03:23 PM   #2
WestCoast_Redneck
I've heard you can put nutribac in their water bowl, you just have to change it daily.

Old 03-19-2013, 03:30 PM   #3
lilmike227
I have never seen that snake drink since I have had him

Old 03-19-2013, 04:17 PM   #4
Geminiluna
I would also put some in the water bowl, and stir to dissolve. You may not see it drink, but they do at some point hydrate themselves. Just need to change the water daily because the stuff will settle to the bottom.

You can also cut a small slit in the frozen pinky and insert some nutribac into the slit, or mix a tiny bit with a drop of water and inject it into the frozen pinky if you have a syringe.

Old 03-19-2013, 11:00 PM   #5
lilmike227
OK guys thanks for the responses but now I have good news and bad news. The good news is I left the mouse in while I went to work and he ate it. The bad news is I found the regurge of his last meal in then tank when I got back...Do you think he will be ok?

Old 03-19-2013, 11:21 PM   #6
rrowdy
This is bad news, I'd leave him alone, double check his temperatures then
wait a couple of weeks and try again with a pinky head.
inject some Nutribac into the head if you have a syringe, if not obtain one. Also depending on where it is now, you might raise his temp a degree or Two.

Best of luck!

Old 03-20-2013, 04:15 AM   #7
Amanda47
Kathy Love said this about using Nutribac in water:

Quote:
Originally Posted by kathylove View Post
You can put it in water, but it goes bad in 24 hours. If you do that, take away the water for a day or two so your snake is thirsty, and then give it in a very small water bowl to avoid waste as much as possible. I much prefer to give it in a feeding tube / syringe / eyedropper. Less waste and you know exactly how much is ingested.

Old 03-20-2013, 04:41 AM   #8
Nythain
Quote:
Originally Posted by rrowdy View Post
This is bad news, I'd leave him alone, double check his temperatures then
wait a couple of weeks and try again with a pinky head.
inject some Nutribac into the head if you have a syringe, if not obtain one. Also depending on where it is now, you might raise his temp a degree or Two.

Best of luck!
This. Definitely this ^. Can't stress enough to follow this advice to the letter. The temp part really depends on where it is now, don't take it up if it's already at like 90 or some crazy jazz.

Old 03-20-2013, 02:42 PM   #9
lilmike227
Sorry I think you guys may have misunderstood. After he took he his last meal (yesterday) I found his last most recent meal regurged. (about 6 days ago) regurge protocal says to wait for 10 days. I thought he kept his last meal down but he didn't. The meal he took yesterday did have nutribac on it do you think he will be ok?

Old 03-20-2013, 04:51 PM   #10
Nanci
I would continue with NB on his feeds and feed _really_ small items until you're sure he isn't going to regurge again. How big was the prey of the most recent regurge, compared to the initial regurge? I would be somewhat concerned, at this point. Have you pinpointed what caused it?

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google