• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Injury- vetricyn treatment

TwinBlades

my hatchling snake was recently injured when he encountered adhesive along the lid of his tank. I will be posting his progress here.
he was carefully removed from the adhesive with soapy water, but his struggles prior to being found had damaged his skin. he was washed in purified water and treated with vetricyn wound spray. his tank was completely scrubbed and sanitized. he is now living on paper towels with paper hides until his wound heals. :crying:

Attachments

• injury websize.jpg
    injury websize.jpg
    290.3 KB · Views: 89
oh goodness! :(

poor Guy, I'm sure that hell recover eventually.. as corns are pretty amazing creatures that way!
keep it nice and clean and dry and it should heal over time.
but even still, I'm sending good wishes your way!
good luck!

thank you guys so much for all the well wishes, I will pass them on to Puck. he behaves as though nothing has happened. if he was a larger snake I would have taken him to the vet, but there's not much they can do for something so small.
his tank have been triple checked for any more residual adhesive from securing his lid, but it turns out he found the only spot in the entire tank. murphy's law I suppose.

As Justine stated, These guys are pretty resilient and I would expect that after a few sheds, He'll be good as new.
I seen worse injuries on WC snakes (Non Corns) that looked worse and after some time they came out fine.

Good luck to you!

Back