CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Health Issues/Feeding Problems
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Health Issues/Feeding Problems Anything related to general or specific health problems. Issues having to do with feeding problems or tips.

Will Corn Snakes Eat a Hairless Rat?

Old 04-29-2013, 02:11 PM   #1
SnakeKiss247
Smile Will Corn Snakes Eat a Hairless Rat?

We have some small hairless rat boys that we can't seem to find homes for. They just turned 5 weeks old yesterday, but are small, probably the size of a adult mouse. Just wondering if a corn snake would eat a hairless rat? I called the pet store, but they can't take them as they don't have any room at this time as they are getting in a new shipment of rodents and their cages are spoken for. I don't want to keep them as I find males too much of an odor. I have two boys, but keeping the five extra is just too much.

Will corn snakes eat small hairless rats the size of an adult mouse?

Thanks

Old 04-29-2013, 02:13 PM   #2
Chip
Almost certainly. I would pre-kill it though, of course.

Old 04-29-2013, 02:27 PM   #3
crackerhead
I've been feeding F/T hairless mice and rats for over a year now and I love it! The clean up is easier and I have seen no difference thus far with growth or egg production.
Definitely take Chip's advice and prekill before feeding. There is nothing sadder than a snake that doesn't fight back as its' food eats it.

Terri

Old 04-29-2013, 03:36 PM   #4
SnakeKiss247
Thanks for the info. At what age are rats the same size as adult mice?

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google