CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Health Issues/Feeding Problems
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Health Issues/Feeding Problems Anything related to general or specific health problems. Issues having to do with feeding problems or tips.

My first corn snake ever regurge

Old 06-01-2013, 09:01 AM   #1
CaptainHowdy
My first corn snake ever regurge

Hi I literally just registered to this site because I wanted some advice on my new baby corn snake. I've only had him for about a week 4 days. I fed him on Monday(5/27) and he regurged on Wed.(5/29). I bought 2 packs of Frozen Pinkies to feed him. After I bought them I only read the label on the first box that was handed to me that said "6 Frozen Pinkies". So I just assumed that the other box was identical but when it came to feeding time(I was really anxious to feed him and I never saw what a frozen pinkie of fuzzy looked like before). I just tore open the first box I reached for from the freezer. It turns out that they store I bought them from gave me a pack of frozen pinkies and frozen fuzzies. So by mistake I fed him a frozen fuzzie. I'm positive that the food size is what caused the regurge and I was just curious if the next time I feed him should I feed him a full size pinkie or cut it down a bit?

Old 06-01-2013, 10:23 AM   #2
jessicashallperish
it was more than likely size related. you need to follow the regurge protocol..

wait ten days to feed him again with limited (none at all) handling. if you can, purchase some nutribac... and in ten days give him a pinky that is slit in half long ways.. cut it while its still frozen and but the other piece in the freezer.. thaw it and roll it in nutribac.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google