CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > General Chit-Chat Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

General Chit-Chat Forum Discussion about general topics that are really off topic concerning corn snakes, or just about any old chit at all.

Cute Picture

Old 07-16-2004, 03:37 PM   #1
Taceas
Cute Picture

As I stepped out on our deck this morning, I saw a glimpse of movement. As I peeked over the edge of the railing, I saw this little guy skittering along, eating ants and whatever else moved that might fit in his mouth.

He sat completely still as I zoomed and leaned in to take a picture of him clinging to the side of the deck.

Enjoy! =)

Old 07-17-2004, 10:02 PM   #2
MegF.
That is a gorgeous lizard! I'll have to look him up in my Stebbins field guide.

Old 07-17-2004, 11:41 PM   #3
Taceas
Thanks Meg!

Around here the rednecks of our area simply refer to them as salamanders, which they're not. But most people who know the difference refer to them as Blue-tailed Skinks.

They're a pretty common species in this area. Frequenting the sides and decks of houses or firewood stacks. And if you try to catch them, they will drop off their tail which continues to wriggle for a few minutes afterwards.

=)

Old 07-18-2004, 12:11 AM   #4
carol
LOL, he is very cute, but I would have popped off his tail and used it for scenting!

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google