CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > General Chit-Chat Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

General Chit-Chat Forum Discussion about general topics that are really off topic concerning corn snakes, or just about any old chit at all.

Raleigh Expo...

Old 08-24-2004, 02:53 PM   #1
elaphe4herps
Raleigh Expo...

Hey Rich, any chance you are planning on coming to the Raleigh Expo this season? I know you are very busy, I just miss you up here.

I know Kathy is always here, but she's always swamped with people, dunno why .

Old 08-28-2004, 10:06 AM   #2
elaphe4herps
bump....didnt know if you saw this.

Old 08-28-2004, 12:28 PM   #3
Rich Z
Wes,

Sorry, not planning on doing the Raleigh show this Fall. We're getting burned out doing shows, so have decided to cut WAY back on them. It's stressing us out, and it is making the stretches between feedings on the babies way too long when we are away at a show. Each show takes out at least 5 days out of the feeding schedule, so normally when we get back and start feeding, it has been 12 days since the last feeding for the first cycle. Heck, with the number of animals we have hatched out, we are up to around 4 am every night and haven't been able to push the feeding schedule to better than every 8 days since getting back from Expo! It will get better when the new babies finally quit hatching out, but I will tell you that it is a real grind. Plus I have gotten nearly all of the backlogged orders out the door, so that helps out as well.

The only other show we have on the books for the rest of the season is the Mid Atlantic Show. Maybe we'll feel differently next year, but for now, we have had enough of shows for a while. I'd rather take those couple of days we spend standing behind the tables and be laying on the beach instead...

Old 08-28-2004, 05:40 PM   #4
elaphe4herps
Quote:
I'd rather take those couple of days we spend standing behind the tables and be laying on the beach instead..
Yeah, I know what you mean

Well, I know you are up to your armpits in hatchlings and I would much rather you stay sane than have you up here sleep deprived . Maybe I'll see you at the midatlantic show. Anyway, I appreciate you taking time to reply and good luck with the rest of the season.

Wes Spinks

Old 08-28-2004, 08:15 PM   #5
Chip
DARN! I had hoped to make a gun-for-snakes trade with you, Rich! Alas, I will surely pawn some snakes off in the parking lot before spending my life savings on subocs. Wes, shoot me a pm if interested in meeting up.

Old 09-02-2004, 12:37 PM   #6
So Pirate55
I was hoping somone would make a thread about this show. If everything works out like i hope, i should be going. I've never been to one of these expos before so i'm really looking foward to this one. Wes mentioned Kathy and i saw that Rich will not be at this one. Just out of curiosity, is anyone else off this site gonna be here? It'd be nice to maybe meet up and put some faces to names.

a couple questions:

Do people normally take some of their snakes to these things to trade?

Is it inside the Ag building, dorton arena, just the parking lot, or a little of all?

Is parking about the same as it is for the fair, just at smaller scale?

Would it be something that my little cousin(10 year old) would enjoy?

Old 09-03-2004, 10:33 AM   #7
Chip
Quote:
Originally Posted by So Pirate55

a couple questions:

Do people normally take some of their snakes to these things to trade?

No. They won't be allowed inside. I've bought and sold in the parking lot when I set it up in advance.

Is it inside the Ag building, dorton arena, just the parking lot, or a little of all?

Dorton arena

Is parking about the same as it is for the fair, just at smaller scale?

I don't recall having to pay for parking, but I always parked in the dirt lot on the other side of the street.

Would it be something that my little cousin(10 year old) would enjoy?

Yes. I think any 10 year old kid would be thrilled at the animals and shows.
On another note, it doesn't look like I'll be going as I have to work tomorrow and have plans for Sunday night. I just can't justify a ten hour round trip for three hours at the show.

Old 09-03-2004, 01:41 PM   #8
So Pirate55
thanks

Old 09-03-2004, 02:45 PM   #9
elaphe4herps
Sorry to hear you won't be making it Chip. i was looking forward to meeting up with you. Have a good labor day weekend though.

Old 09-04-2004, 08:06 PM   #10
So Pirate55
I had a great time. I told myself the entire ride to raleigh that i was not going to buy another snake....well guess what? i lied. I broke down and bought this little lady. I also saw a butter stripe and lavendar stripe and pictures do not do these snakes justice.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google