CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > All "Others" Photo Gallery
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

All "Others" Photo Gallery It was suggested to me that a photo gallery for the other critters and interests might be useful to the membership. So here you go, Walt. :)

What does a bite feel like?

Old 01-16-2016, 08:59 PM   #1
cornsnakeaurora
What does a bite feel like?

From a corn... Just curious if I ever get bit what to expect.

I'm not worried about the pain my cat bites me hard once in awhile and I have 15 tattoos... Just curious

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Old 01-17-2016, 11:06 AM   #2
hypnoctopus
Baby bites feel a bit like the rough side of velcro. An adult bite feels like a little pinch.

Old 01-17-2016, 11:55 AM   #3
cornsnakeaurora
Thanks... She has yet to bite me I've had her two weeks... I know corns don't bite unless you have mice smell on your hands or blood. I'm sure it'll happen eventually.

Old 01-17-2016, 12:24 PM   #4
DollysMom
Quote:
Originally Posted by cornsnakeaurora View Post
Thanks... She has yet to bite me I've had her two weeks... I know corns don't bite unless you have mice smell on your hands or blood. I'm sure it'll happen eventually.

... Or are startled, scared, or just prone to biting.

My Cleo doesn't even strike her food and has never made a move to strike at me, though I have startled her accidently on occasion and when she was younger she would try to get away.

However, I do avoid mice smell on my hands. It's just a generally good practice. Why confuse them?

A bite is not inevitable, but if it happens it is no biggie either. I'm a member of the bite club. I was bitten by an adult garter years ago, and Dolly bit me one of the first times I tried to pick him up.

Old 01-17-2016, 02:46 PM   #5
Karl_Mcknight
if a cat owner was worried about what a cat scratch felt like there would be no cat owners. And by the way, they feel about the same, depending on the size of the cat or the size of the snake.

Old 01-17-2016, 04:57 PM   #6
cornsnakeaurora
Yeah I'm not concerned about being bit.. Again just curious as what to expect if it happens

My cat has scratched me deep when I was cutting her nails once... And when I mess with her she'll bite pretty hard when she gets annoyed. By messing around I mean just playing around with her.

Old 01-17-2016, 05:21 PM   #7
Karl_Mcknight
a baby snake's teeth are very small. Probably won't even break the skin. A good sized snake has good sized teeth. The bite itself is not that painful, rather when you jerk your hand back (and you will) and it rips the teeth through your flesh and possibly even yanks or breaks a tooth off in your hand can be quite painful. It's can also hurt the snake worse than you if you yank out a tooth or break one off.

Old 01-17-2016, 06:11 PM   #8
cornsnakeaurora
Makes sense... And yeah of course that's a normal human reaction.

Old 01-17-2016, 08:01 PM   #9
claire.chapman11
I've been bit by a lot of snakes, and it doesn't really hurt at all. Its like being attacked by Velcro. I've never been grabbed onto and chewed though. Its definitely not anywhere near as bad as a rodent, cat or dog bite.

Sent from my XT1042 using Tapatalk

Old 01-17-2016, 08:50 PM   #10
cornsnakeaurora
Like I said i have 15 tattoos where a needle was dragged across my skin for hours and hours... So I think they surprise of her bite might bother me more than the actual bite

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google