CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > Member Forums > Carol's Corner
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Carol's Corner Just a place to park this year's breeding plans and progress, come take a look and see what I have cooking!

Hypo Miami X Upper Keys Project

Old 03-17-2005, 12:56 AM   #1
carol
Hypo Miami X Upper Keys Project

Quite a few pairings in my Breeding List refer to this project. I just thought it would be appropriate to have a little explaination.
In 2002 I bred a male Hypo Miami purchased from Don Soderberg to a female Upper Keys X Hypo cross purchased from Rich Z.
Many of the resulting offspring were very unusual as well as beautiful, much more so than thier parents even. As I expected, I got Hypos and Normals. I kept back 2.3 from that clutch for future breeding. 1.1 Hypos and 1.2 "Normals"
Last year I bred the pair of Hypos, and had quite a list formed for thier "Hypo" offspring only to be very suprised by Amels and "mystery" Anerys. Such as the little guy in this thread....

http://www.cornsnakes.com/forums/showthread.php?t=15977

I'm doing some testing this year to try and figure out what it is and who else in the project is carrying it.

Meet the original parents (and now grandparents),
Dad
Kamakazi, Hypo Miami

Mom
Garnet, Upper Keys X Miami

Old 03-17-2005, 01:09 AM   #2
carol
V-Head one of the Hypo F1's. She produced Hypos, Amels, and some sort of Anery when crossed with her brother "Mama's Boy". Here are some Baby, Yearling and Adult photos of her (breeding with Mama's Boy last year).

Old 03-17-2005, 01:19 AM   #3
carol
Mama's Boy

Here are some pics of the F1 male Hypo Mama's Boy.

Old 03-17-2005, 01:25 AM   #4
carol
MTwin

MTwin (Male Twin) I think he is a "Normal" (Non-Hypo). Full F1 sibling to V-Head and Mama's Boy. I bred him with V-Head this year to see if he is het amel or ?Anery?
Cute guy eh?

Pics of the others will come tomorrow.

Old 03-17-2005, 01:27 PM   #5
Quigs
I'll be the first to admit this. I have never been a fan of miami's, they just don't do anything for me.

Over the last few months, I have heard through the grapevine, Carol has the killer miami's. All I can say is...WOW!

I have seen a few pictures, in addition to these and her silvery miamis are truely spectacular! Might have to grab me up a pair this year?!

Beautiful animals, Carol!

Old 03-17-2005, 01:34 PM   #6
mbdorfer
Hypo Miami's are rapidly becoming my favorite morph!
Carol, would a hypo miami be a good mate for a crimson?
My crimson is developing a creamish color and I'd like to clean it up in the next generation. Thanks.

Old 03-17-2005, 01:41 PM   #7
Quigs
Obviously, I'm not Carol but I just happened to catch this.

Mike, a Crimson IS a Hypo Miami. That being the case. I'd have to say yes, yes a Hypo Miami would be a steller mate for a Crimson!

Old 03-17-2005, 01:59 PM   #8
mbdorfer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quigs
Obviously, I'm not Carol but I just happened to catch this.

Mike, a Crimson IS a Hypo Miami. That being the case. I'd have to say yes, yes a Hypo Miami would be a steller mate for a Crimson!

Yeah quigs, I knew they were. Just wondering if a whiter crimson or a hypo miami would be the better choice. Now that I think about it, I guess the one with the brighter bacground color would be the one. Thanks Man.

Old 03-17-2005, 02:18 PM   #9
howiet4702
I have to go along with Quigs here. Miami's were not one of my favorites, but Carol, you really do have some real beauties!

Old 03-17-2005, 10:23 PM   #10
carol
Thanks everyone!
In my own world, I do consider Hypo Miamis and Crimsons to be different. Sure, they both originated with crossing Miamis with Hypos, but they look completely different. But that is coming from a Miami freak so I am VERY particular about them. Rich Z is the creater of the "Crimson" corn and Don S. started his own project with the same idea and named his "Hypo Miami". With all the natural variation, and two complete different people deciding what traits were desireable what what wasn't, two different looking lines emerged. Here a Hypo Miami must have a grey background with very minimal tan coloratoin in it, if they start being more tan than grey, they arn't Hypo Miamis IMO. If I get some hypos from my Miami lines that have nice rich red saddles and a clean tan background, then I will sell them as Crimsons. Anything else that doesn't meet either requirement gets sold as a "Hypo". Keep in mind though, that is just my system and for most folks Hypo Miami and Crimson is used interchangably.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google