CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Health Issues/Feeding Problems
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Health Issues/Feeding Problems Anything related to general or specific health problems. Issues having to do with feeding problems or tips.

baby wont eat help!

Old 07-22-2005, 04:08 PM   #1
Bubbles
baby wont eat help!

hey everyone i got a new baby corn the other week when we got her she neded to be fed so well we fed her. the second week comes same day (today) and she wont touch her food. She just keeps going off. I dont really no why she is not eating i suspect its because she is due to shead well at least i think she is due to shead. she has gone dark and the skin on her bottom (belly) seams to be pale and light as if it were a layer about to come off. does anyone have any ideas why she wont eat? i suspect its because she is due to shead but anyone got any other ideas or any ideas how i can get her to eat?

please please help.

Old 07-22-2005, 04:17 PM   #2
~slither~
First, Don't worry about it. Calm down. Not eating during shed is normal for some corns.
Remember don't try and feed for 10 days. If you offer food regularly she'll refuse it regularly.
When you do try again try braining the mouse, pierce its head, and squeeze some juice out. Try wiggling it in front of snakey. If those don't work then leave her with it in a tub overnight. Do this until successfull.

Old 07-22-2005, 07:14 PM   #3
Bubbles
cheers u are a life saver thanks i was worried to death thought i did something wrong.

Old 07-22-2005, 10:10 PM   #4
MegF.
I would wait until she's shed, or until your next scheduled feeding day. If it's every 5 days (I'm assuming she's on pinkies) then feed in 5 days. If on fuzzies or something bigger, every 7. Just don't try in a couple of days. They can go long periods without food if they were in good condition to begin with. Relax! I suspect once she's shed, she'll eat just fine. Sometimes if they are only in pre-blue phase (dull on the bottom, but not blue in the eyes) it can take two weeks before they actually shed out and they may not want to eat during that time. I have one female like that.

Old 07-23-2005, 12:35 PM   #5
Bubbles
yeah her scales on the top are darker than usual her eyes are kind of like misty and not as clear as they were a while back she is also on pinks. i have tyred the piecing a hole though the head of a pink and trying to feed her it. Also i have tyred the same but leaving it in cage over night and nothings worked. i guess i will just have to wait till she is hungry enough to take the food, its been 9 days about since she last eat now.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google