CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Health Issues/Feeding Problems
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Health Issues/Feeding Problems Anything related to general or specific health problems. Issues having to do with feeding problems or tips.

2 yr old female wont eat

Old 08-10-2005, 05:13 PM   #1
snakey2100
2 yr old female wont eat

My 2 yr old female shed on the first week in July. She ate soon afterword and has not eaten since. It has been about 4 weeks and she has never gone this long without eating. I have offered her food every 5-7 days throughout this period. Could something be wrong or is this normal? Thanks for your help.

Old 08-10-2005, 05:23 PM   #2
Bug22baby
Im having the same problem with my 2 yr old male candy cane except its going on 7 weeks for him. I usually feed frozen thawed but, Im gonna try to feed a small live mouse, probley hopper size. I had a male go off food for 3 months before finally takig a live mouse. Maybe you could try live??

Old 08-10-2005, 05:37 PM   #3
MegF.
Could she be ovulating? She's old enough, although it's not as common for the females to go off food at breeding time (and it's a little late for it), it can happen. If she seems healthy and active, I'd just wait and try feeding her every week or two, no more often than that.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google