• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Too worried?

Joshua

Alright...here's the situation...

I bought a yearling from Rich..and got him on Wed of last week....left him alone for two days only disturbing him to give him fresh water...I fed him on friday...fuzzy mouse...not a large meal...but not a small one......then I fed him again the same on monday night....and he hasn't defecated once since I've had him....the temps are usually between 80-85...with 90's on one side of the tank using a heat mat....the substrate is carefresh...but everytime I've fed him...it's been in a ceramic dish...so I know he really couldn't have swallowed aany substrate......so is he just digesting slowly and I'm too worried or what?

Thanks in advance...

Joshua

If you want to help him out, try giving him a bath. All the swimming around seems to relax them and loosen them up a bit... mine always poop when I put them in the bath (as do many other snakes). But you should never feed your snake another meal until he's pooped at least once from the previous meal.

i feed my 11 week old 2 pinkies 1 a week some people feed every five days which is a good idea if u want to get them up to breeding size quickly but always make sure that they have pooped at least once before you feed them again!!

It may be that your snake is in its shed cycle. This ocassionally interferes with an animal's pooping regime. I remember when I got my first corn, it didn't defecate for ages and I got really worried- It was more than a week. When he shed, however, it all came flooding out!! Lol.

Yeah, like Kenalotia said, try giving him a bath as this often makes snakes poop. Keep him in for 5-10 minutes or until he lets rip. The water should be cool to your touch but not cold.

Did you say that your snake doesn't have access to temps below eighty? You said something like 'the temps are usually 80-85 with 90's at one end of the tank using a heat mat'. Corns like to have access to temps a little below 80. My viv is 75 on the cool side and 85 on the warm side. 85 degrees is a perfect digestion temp for average size meals but the 90's are good for feasts!!

Back