CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Health Issues/Feeding Problems
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Health Issues/Feeding Problems Anything related to general or specific health problems. Issues having to do with feeding problems or tips.

dead baby

Old 09-11-2005, 10:33 PM   #1
HerpsforU
dead baby

I purchased four corns from someone and one died from not eating. Another died today about four hours after I added water to his/her container. It is the only one of the four who has eaten at all. Its container is a shoebox sized rubbermaid with air holes in the sides and lid. What could have caused an eating baby to die? any clues. Thanks in advance. I don't want the other two to die any suggestions would be appreciated.

Old 09-12-2005, 12:18 AM   #2
babbaloo99
Does the snake have any source of heat?

Old 09-12-2005, 12:57 AM   #3
MegF.
And are they all in seperate containers?

Old 09-13-2005, 01:03 PM   #4
HerpsforU
Yes there is a UTH in each draw covered by a towel so that it is not directly on the rubbermaid shoeboxes. And each snake has its own shoebox, that is why I didn't know what would have done him/her in, since the one that died was the one that has eaten for me twice now. Substrate is papertowel with a small water dish (holds approx 2 oz. of water) I mist once a day to make sure they have water in their bowls. I don't know what else I could have done? I read alot of info before purchasing corns and I thought I had understood all of the information on care, feeding, handling, etc. I only handle every other day and only for very short periods of time and never right after feeding (I always wait at least 48 hours after feeding). thanks again for any help.

Old 09-13-2005, 01:21 PM   #5
Roy Munson
What were the temperatures in the tubs?

Old 09-14-2005, 11:50 AM   #6
Tracee
Have you asked the person/place you bought them from if they now know of any problems that batch had?

Are or were there any other symptoms that would lead you to believe something was wrong?

How long have you had them, and how long have the remaining two gone without food?

Old 09-14-2005, 12:55 PM   #7
HerpsforU
The temp is staying at about 80-85 degewws. The person I bought them from said that he had no problems getting any of them to eat and no health issues...so far the only one that has eaten for me is the one that just died. The babies have been here with me for almost four weeks...he (the person I bought them from) is going to replace the crimson that died a week ago (which I thought was nice since his guarantee is only for 24 hours). I don't know both of the ones that died were smaller than my blizzard and crimsickle that I got from him...I don't know if that makes a difference...or not. Thank you for all of your help and advice.

Old 09-14-2005, 12:56 PM   #8
HerpsforU
That should have read The temp is staying at about 80-85 degrees, not degewws.

Old 09-14-2005, 01:08 PM   #9
Roy Munson
Quote:
Originally Posted by HerpsforU
That should have read The temp is staying at about 80-85 degrees, not degewws.
I'm glad you clarified. If you convert the degewws to Fahrenheit degrees, your temps would have been in the thousands.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google