CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Health Issues/Feeding Problems
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Health Issues/Feeding Problems Anything related to general or specific health problems. Issues having to do with feeding problems or tips.

Should I feed her?

Old 09-21-2005, 03:23 PM   #1
jnky
Should I feed her?

My amel is due a feed tonight but I dont think she has been to toilet since last feed.I cant find any in the viv and she has a bump near her anus as though she is ready to go.
My question is whether to feed her (even though the fuz has been thawed now).
She is a great eater and seems in really perfect health

Any comments would help

thx

Old 09-21-2005, 03:27 PM   #2
Drizzt80
She'll poo when she needs to. I'd recommend feeding her if it's her 'scheduled time' to feed. I notice many of my corns that get close to shed time will hold back a poo or two for one massive dukey after they've shed!

FYI, in my experience it's okay to offer food while in blue phase as well. The snake will let you know if they will eat or not. I have many that eat all the time every time, and I have a select few that will refuse prior to shedding.

D80

Old 09-21-2005, 03:29 PM   #3
cornsnakekid92
As far as i know, it would be perfectally fine to feed her.some times they just build up poo. but i also have herd that it can be a sign of impaction? so just make sure you are feeding her in a separate "Feeding Container"

Old 09-21-2005, 03:50 PM   #4
jnky
thanks guys shes eating.
she always eats regardless of shed and Im sure I feed her in a seperate container

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google