CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Health Issues/Feeding Problems
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Health Issues/Feeding Problems Anything related to general or specific health problems. Issues having to do with feeding problems or tips.

Help!!!!! Jkafblvg# !

Old 09-26-2005, 11:06 PM   #1
Hectorthesnake
Exclamation Help!!!!! Jkafblvg# !

OK..I know that when snakes are pre-shedding their eyes get cloudy and they sometimes can't see as clearly. But can they pre-shed for like...2 months? Because everytime I reach inside Hector(my snake's) cage he like doesn't even notice my hand in there until he flicks his tongue a couple of times and then he like spazzes out. It's like he can't see my hand in there. Nor the food I try giving to him. Whenever I try to feed him he just nudges his face against it, and it looks like he licks it and then he strikes at it. I'm a little worried that he might be blind, or just sick. He's about 8-9 months old and he's only about the width of a pencil..maybe bigger..His terrarium has a warm and cold side. Water everyday and he's fed once a week. I check his cage for spilled water everyday, too make sure he doesn't get a respitory infection. Poops/peeps cleaned every time he makes a mess. If he is sick, I don't get what could've caused it.

Old 09-26-2005, 11:16 PM   #2
TrpnBils
what are your temps like? and are you sure he's not asleep when you reach in there and he doesn't notice you right away?

Old 09-26-2005, 11:18 PM   #3
Hectorthesnake
Unhappy Er.

Cold side is...73 right now, and hot is like 85. He's not asleep because he's slithering around his little huts.

Old 09-27-2005, 12:28 AM   #4
MegF.
My one really nervous female acts like she just notices me as well. I think it may just be your snakes personality. My other female has to sniff the mouse over repeatedly before she'll take it, and usually ignores it until I stick it directly in front of her nose. Sometimes she actively goes after it, but most of the time, you have to stuff it in her face. I wouldn't be too worried about it. As long as he's active, eats regularly, drinks and poops....... relax!

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google