CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Health Issues/Feeding Problems
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Health Issues/Feeding Problems Anything related to general or specific health problems. Issues having to do with feeding problems or tips.

Partial regurge?

Old 10-08-2005, 12:44 PM   #1
ultimuttone
Partial regurge?

I have read a lot of the threads concerning regurges but have never actually had one.
When I was checking everyone this morning I found a small amount of brownish moist stuff in the corner of one the vivs. There were no recognizable parts and it didn't smell really bad, but wasn't like normal feces. There was also normal feces in the viv.
This particular hatchling is a pretty good eater, but did have a little bit larger pinkie this time. It seemed to be taking her longer to digest than normal. Could it have been a partial regurge? Or just weird poo?
I am just wondering if I should try and feed her or skip the next feeding.
Thanks for any input.

Old 10-08-2005, 12:56 PM   #2
mbdorfer
Most likely just weird poo. I have never had a snake digest part of a meal and toss the rest. I suppose it's possible, but not likely

Old 10-08-2005, 01:01 PM   #3
Mary-Beth
If it was that well digested and a regurge, it would probably smell HORRIBLE too.

Old 10-08-2005, 01:05 PM   #4
CornCrazy
Quote:
Originally Posted by mbdorfer
Most likely just weird poo. I have never had a snake digest part of a meal and toss the rest. I suppose it's possible, but not likely
I have had several do exactly that...digest part and toss the rest.

I say that if you are unsure, then treat it like a regurge. It won't hurt your snake to skip a meal. Better to be safe, in my opinion.

Old 10-08-2005, 01:06 PM   #5
ultimuttone
That's what I was thinking, but it was like snake diarrhea
She seems to be doing fine/active. Maybe it was the warmer temps with the AC going out.
I'll keep an eye on her. Thanks for the quick replies.

Old 10-09-2005, 08:51 AM   #6
mbdorfer
Quote:
Originally Posted by CornCrazy
I have had several do exactly that...digest part and toss the rest.

I say that if you are unsure, then treat it like a regurge. It won't hurt your snake to skip a meal. Better to be safe, in my opinion.
This is why I love this place! A continual learning experience from other members situations. Did those snakes come out of it okay?

Old 10-09-2005, 09:03 AM   #7
CornCrazy
Quote:
This is why I love this place! A continual learning experience from other members situations. Did those snakes come out of it okay?
Yes, they are doing fine. Thanks for asking

And I agree, it is very helpful to be able to learn from other people's experiences.

Old 10-09-2005, 01:46 PM   #8
ultimuttone
Quote:
So true. That is the best part of being part of this forum, if it can happen it has already happened to someone here!

I skipped her meal this week. It will be the first time she has skipped a meal with me so definitely won't hurt her . I separate the ones who don't eat from the ones who do each week so the only ones that get handled before the next feeding day are the ones that are eating well. She'll go in that group this week so she gets a good rest.
I am really happy this week, only 3 in that group!

Thanks for sharing your experience.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google