CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Health Issues/Feeding Problems
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Health Issues/Feeding Problems Anything related to general or specific health problems. Issues having to do with feeding problems or tips.

Retained scales behind head?

Old 10-09-2005, 11:10 PM   #1
zwyatt
Retained scales behind head?

One of my hatchlings shed last night and it looks like a very small patch just behind his head didn't come off. I tried the damp paper towel technique, but it's so close to his head that he starts to freak out. Is there anything I should/can try (like soaking)? Or will it not be a big deal?

Thanks

Old 10-10-2005, 12:52 AM   #2
Bobo's Mama
My amel had a shed like that once. I just left the scales alone and they came off with the next shed. I don't think they will be a problem because they aren't constricting anything like compared to a tail tip, for example. You will simply have a hatchling with what looks like a cowlick till the next shed. I think its kind of cute. You should post some pictures of your new little Alfalfa corn! (Alfalfa: a character from a REALLY old kids show that had a cowlick)

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google