CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Health Issues/Feeding Problems
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Health Issues/Feeding Problems Anything related to general or specific health problems. Issues having to do with feeding problems or tips.

Regurge Or Poo? I Know The Answer!

Old 06-29-2007, 06:58 PM   #1
Nanci
Regurge Or Poo? I Know The Answer!

So I found a petrified something in Maizey's cage this morning. It had that pinkish glow of a regurge, but I didn't want it to be that. I threw it in the trash. So I've been worrying all day (I swear that snake is going to die on me from regurging and there is nothing I can do...) and when I got home I dug it out of the trash. I'd had this revelation that if I melted it under running water, if it was a regurge, the skeleton would be revealed. And it was. So that's a way to tell.

Nanci

Old 06-29-2007, 07:27 PM   #2
desertanimal
Wow. That's gross, Nanci. But, I must admit, rather clever, and quite dedicated.

Sorry to hear about the regurge. That stinks.

Old 06-29-2007, 08:09 PM   #3
Nanci
I'd really hoped she'd stopped, after 4 or 5 very small meals. I guess not. There's nothing left to do except watch her shrink away to nothing eventually.

Nanci

Old 06-29-2007, 08:34 PM   #4
Brizzle
Aw, don't think that way Nanci! I'm sure she'll be fine.
With an owner like you, I don't see why she wouldn't be.

Old 06-29-2007, 08:40 PM   #5
Tula_Montage
HE will be fine :-p

Toyah has a hoggie that was regurging every meal for months... Its doing ok now from what shes told me. Gaining weight etc.

You just need to keep trying... Maybe he has some sort of parasite again?

Old 06-29-2007, 09:29 PM   #6
Nanci
No, Maize got dewormed and had a clean fecal. The vet says there is stuff that can cause it- enlarged heart, diverticulosis, which is $$$ to diagnose, and then you can't do anything about it anyway. So she's (he's) been eating a 10 to 11 gram fuzzy every 5 days, which isn't enough, but doing ok, I thought...Till I found the regurge from who knows when this morning, and now Maize has refused to eat tonight. She'd (he'd) been so starving that she never refused...

Nanci

Old 06-29-2007, 09:53 PM   #7
Roy Munson
That's too bad, Nanci. It doesn't sound like you have any choice but to stay your present course. Hopefully he won't waste away to the point where you'll have to euthanize him.

Old 06-29-2007, 10:47 PM   #8
susang
So sorry Nanci, nothing to say except fingers crossed Maize will start eating. susan

Old 06-30-2007, 05:32 AM   #9
Beothon Lover
sorry to hear that Maizey is regurging again. Ihope you can get him to stop regurging for good and soon.

Beothon

Old 06-30-2007, 01:15 PM   #10
diamondlil
So sorry to hear that news, Nanci. I just hope things will get better for Maizey soon

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google