CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Behavior
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Behavior General topics or questions concerning the way your cornsnake may be acting.

Bath Time!!!

Old 04-06-2003, 03:09 AM   #1
Muggerz
Bath Time!!!

Tonight Clio had her first bath. hehe. She's such a sweetie and very gentle... she's only roughly two months old...anywho, my question for you all is: is it normal for her to be very nervous in the water? She did alot of tail rattling and just looked down right scared! Will she get used to baths and learn to enjoy them over time? The water was only a few cm deep and there were spots that she could sit out it she chose to.

Old 04-06-2003, 08:21 AM   #2
Neil
I don't think it's anything extraordinary for a snake to be a bit nervous in the bath. Make sure the water is at room temperature. Your snake should calm down after a few baths but, if not, then it's probably not a great idea giving them. Some snakes never take to water...like one of mine, she hates it.

Old 04-06-2003, 09:18 AM   #3
fateamber
Yes, she might calm down after a few baths but will probably never like it. What temperature is the water when you give her a bath?

Old 04-06-2003, 03:09 PM   #4
Muggerz
The temperature of the water was just slightly warmer than room temperature...not so that I could feel it as warm to my touch, just neutral I'd say. Do you think maybe if I used a small aquarium so that she could see outside of it she'd be more comfortable?

Old 04-09-2003, 05:24 PM   #5
QuickSilver
The bath totally freaked out our first corn, Lava. She was so totally stressed that she escaped from her escape proof vivarium that night and we haven't found her. If it's for humidity to help shed, I've found now that dampened paper towels in a hide seem to work great. Like damp leaves in the wild which a snake might hide under.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google