CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Health Issues/Feeding Problems
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Health Issues/Feeding Problems Anything related to general or specific health problems. Issues having to do with feeding problems or tips.

Finally!!! (read)

Old 09-09-2007, 11:26 AM   #1
alysha101
Talking Finally!!! (read)

I told everyone that helped me, I would give them an update. Well Cali our Hypo Lav finally ate just about 10 minutes ago!!!!!! We have tried EVERYTHING under the sun. We scented a pinky a couple days ago with an anole and it didn't work. So this morning my mom put in the baby anole and she went RIGHT AT IT!! It didn't take her long to get him down either! AHH WE ARE SO HAPPY!!! 5 weeks with a hatchling not eating and finally she does. Thank you everyone for your help and support!!!!!!

Alysha & Lisa

Old 09-09-2007, 11:36 AM   #2
Topazfyre
Congrats! That must have so frustrating. I'm so glad it worked out for you! Now to to her on actual mice...

Old 09-09-2007, 05:39 PM   #3
Msterry
Congrads and i hope from now on there are no more frustrating feedings....

Old 09-12-2007, 12:27 AM   #4
Rich in KY
Congrats on getting the lil guy to feed.

Old 09-12-2007, 12:44 AM   #5
Ginafish
That's awesome you got her to eat! Were you planning to feed her on anoles from now on, or are you going to try scenting a pinkie next time?

Old 09-12-2007, 01:20 AM   #6
tom e
You're lucky you had that option! I wish we had baby anoles...
Now she's feeding you might be able to get her on anole scented mice. Good luck!

Old 09-12-2007, 01:31 AM   #7
alysha101
Unhappy

No, we definately don't want her to stay on anoles, but that was our last resort except for force feeding. That we didn't want to do. She was getting sooooo skinny. She wasn't even as big as a pencil and I was so afraid she was going to die. Actually, she ate the other baby anole today. She had already digested the one from Sunday. She struck almost instantly and devoured it in less than 2 minutes. I'm going to wait five days and try her again on f/t pinkies. I'll do all I have to to get her to eat. I have to drive a little over an hour to get her food. I talked to the owner of the pet store that I go to, He gets his live pinkies in on Tuesday. If she wants only live for right now then I guess I'll get to breed mice.

Any advice on how to switch her now would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks to all who have given advice.

We're not out of the woods yet, but I'm just elated that we got her to eat.

Lisa and Alysha

Old 09-12-2007, 01:48 AM   #8
Cat_Eyed_Lady
since she has eaten an anole now... maybe you can retry anole scenting?? If you can get a peice of shed anole shed skin you can try putting that into the pinkie (f/t) mouth.... since you found out she likes lizards so well, the scent from the skin in the pinkie mouth might get her to eat a pinkie Just a suggestion

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google