CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Health Issues/Feeding Problems
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Health Issues/Feeding Problems Anything related to general or specific health problems. Issues having to do with feeding problems or tips.

Thanks Mr. Anole!

Old 10-25-2007, 07:37 PM   #1
Roy Munson
Thanks Mr. Anole!

Mr. Anole has been in my freezer for about 18 months. I had been fortunate enough not to need him so far this year, so I haven't even seen him for about 15+ months. But I have a little ultramel mot/stripe het caramel that came back from a breeding loan with Stephen, and the little guy ate two washed pinks for me, and refused everything since. Tonight marked exactly one month since his last meal, so I broke down and thawed out Mr. Anole-- or his head, anyway. He sure has looked better. Last year I amputated most of his limbs at least to the knee, and I scraped a lot of skin off him. Over a year of freezer-burn didn't help his looks much either.

So I did a little soap and water job on a pink, and squished its head around in Mr. Anole's mouth. Then I scraped a little skin off the lizard and pasted it to the pink with water. The ultramel hasn't so much as tongue-flicked a pink in my presence for a month, but the second I dropped the scented pink in his cup, he pounced. He had the thing down in no time.

So thanks again for your service, Mr. Anole. No offense, but I'm hoping not to see you again until next year (or never again would be even better)...

Old 10-25-2007, 08:03 PM   #2
Piper
LOL !!!

I hope you keep him in a box labeled "Christmas Fruitcake 1999" - something family / friends would never open...

Old 10-25-2007, 08:03 PM   #3
tom e
Mr. Anole has done time in my service as well... I just passed him off in fact to a friend who has a similar problem.
Maybe those of us who have snakes who owe their lives to Mr. Anole, should make this thread a salute to him..
I have about 5 who first took to their grub after his "ministrations"!

Let us not forget that Mr. Anole (and his various relatives) has made the ultimate sacrifice to the cornsnake cause right?

Old 10-25-2007, 08:17 PM   #4
Roy Munson
Quote:
Originally Posted by tom e
Mr. Anole has done time in my service as well... I just passed him off in fact to a friend who has a similar problem.
Maybe those of us who have snakes who owe their lives to Mr. Anole, should make this thread a salute to him..
I have about 5 who first took to their grub after his "ministrations"!

Let us not forget that Mr. Anole (and his various relatives) has made the ultimate sacrifice to the cornsnake cause right?

I'm all for turning this thread into a tribute to all of the anoles that have given their lives to the cause! Here's to you, anoles!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Piper View Post
LOL !!!

I hope you keep him in a box labeled "Christmas Fruitcake 1999" - something family / friends would never open...
Hah! My family and friends know not to bother looking for anything they might want in MY freezer.

Old 10-25-2007, 08:28 PM   #5
susang
I'ld like a vodka tonic with a pinkie please And I'll have another in memory of Mr Anole . That Mr. Anole sure was a great guy, aw give me another tunic . My favorite pasta is Mr. Aiolinole . Hey Dean can I have the next, ah um voootka straight up with a bowl of pinkies, dang they go down like popcorn . Heck I'll have another pinkie vodka with an anole please. . Who are drinking to again who am I and how did I get here did it have soemthing to do with pinkies????

Old 10-25-2007, 08:34 PM   #6
Roy Munson

Old 10-25-2007, 08:43 PM   #7
ghosthousecorns
If I may I would also like to extend this thank you to a cousin of Mr. Anole, the venerable Mr. Bluebelly. I had a bluebelly lizard torso left in my freezer for months after feeding off all his arms, legs, and head... but I was able to catch a new victim this year so it is replaced. But my new Mr. Bluebelly is slowly losing legs and arms thanks to a stubborn male striped amel I just don't want to euthanize.

Old 10-25-2007, 09:50 PM   #8
susang
Hey tarmender gimme one of those anole tonics here's to Mr Lueblelly.

Old 10-25-2007, 10:03 PM   #9
Susielea
Oh Susan you just crack me up!!!

Old 10-25-2007, 10:05 PM   #10
Nanci
Hah, my Mr. Toad did NOT have to give his life in service, although I have a spare Mr. Toad guts in the freezer, for all the good it is doing me.

I sent a Mr. Anole up to Dave123- Dave, how is your Mr. anole doing??

Nanci

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google