CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Health Issues/Feeding Problems
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Health Issues/Feeding Problems Anything related to general or specific health problems. Issues having to do with feeding problems or tips.

Shed stuck?

Old 10-29-2007, 04:21 PM   #1
stangugrl
Shed stuck?

What do I do about a stuck shed?(this was my amel that I found after 3-4 weeks of being missing) she was blue on the 17th of oct and the next day was clear. And the shed is stuck..everything is right in the inclosure. she has scabs on her from missing scales so I don't know what to do to help her...also where some has come off she is turning more of an orangey-pink color than the deep red-orange she used to be. I don't have a camera or I would post pictures

Old 10-29-2007, 05:02 PM   #2
Wis_fishing_guy
What is the humidity in the viv first!!!If it is on the low side set up a moist hide.But from the sounds of it.This shed has been stuck on her for some time now.So you might want to put her in a little water,only enough to cover half of here width .That should do the trick.

Old 10-29-2007, 05:05 PM   #3
stangugrl
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wis_fishing_guy View Post
What is the humidity in the viv first!!!If it is on the low side set up a moist hide.But from the sounds of it.This shed has been stuck on her for some time now.So you might want to put her in a little water,only enough to cover half of here width .That should do the trick.
I have had a humid hide in the viv for over a week. Do I put her in a rubbermaid container with water or the tub? and how long do I leave her? How warm or cold should the the water be?

Old 10-29-2007, 05:08 PM   #4
Rich in KY
Take a look at this post. It has helped many people. It has pictures.

http://www.cornsnakes.com/forums/sho...ncomplete+shed

Old 10-29-2007, 05:11 PM   #5
Wis_fishing_guy
Rubbermaid is what i would use.I would leave her in there for about 15min.I would make sure the water is luke warm.Not to hot thoght,If the water seems to be getting cool half way threw.I would take alittle out and add some hotter water to warm it up a touch.:-)

Old 10-29-2007, 05:15 PM   #6
GillyMonster
This is really the same thing, but a deli cup with a wet papertowel and the snake in their overnight should do the trick as well.

Old 10-29-2007, 07:43 PM   #7
Sanebedlam
A rubbermaid tub with a wet towel is also supposed to work wonders as the towel gives them something to rub their shed off on.

Old 10-29-2007, 07:51 PM   #8
Nanci
Um, yeah, check out the link.

Nanci

Old 10-29-2007, 08:48 PM   #9
Wis_fishing_guy
UP DATE PLS:-)

Old 10-29-2007, 08:54 PM   #10
stangugrl
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wis_fishing_guy View Post
UP DATE PLS:-)
I used the rubbermaid and washcloth trick...which worked for the bottom and side. But then had to gently wrap her in the washcloth and get the rest off. Thanks for the advice you guys.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google