CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Health Issues/Feeding Problems
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Health Issues/Feeding Problems Anything related to general or specific health problems. Issues having to do with feeding problems or tips.

Respitory Infection? - please help

Old 12-02-2007, 12:36 AM   #1
BabyMowgli
Exclamation Respitory Infection? - please help

My snake, who happens to be a ball pyhton, (but I don't know who else to ask or trust besides this board ) is wheezing when she breaths. I am affraid that she might have a RI.

She hasn't eaten in about 2 months and her temps have stayed fairly stable. The temp in my room as dropped as I live in MN where is is already in the negative digits, but I added another small heat pad and she has a heat lamp during the day.

I had her out today and she headed for her favorite spot, my neck, and I could her her wheeze when she breathed. i then put her back in her cage and coverd the screen part with blaknet to keep in more heat and I could still hear her wheezing. I don't notice anything different with her. She has lost some weight, but I don't have a scale so I can't be sure. She spends most of her time day or night, on her warm side hide.

any advice is appreciated. she is my favorite baby girl and I want her to be ok. We don't really have a herp vet that I would trust in my small town here.

Old 12-02-2007, 05:40 AM   #2
enigma
hi there! what is the exact room temp and hot spot temp in her tub/viv. i would up her temps, depending on what they are already, lower humidity, and get her asap to a vet. isolate her from all your other snakes, and dont use any of the things you use for her on the rest until you know for sure. some have a wee wheeze when they are about to shed, but if you night time temps have dropped dramatically i would get vet to look at her. if it is an ri she will need antibiotics.

Old 12-04-2007, 07:08 AM   #3
mele2511
There is nothing else that we can really sugest. Your snake needs antibiotics ASAP

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google