CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Health Issues/Feeding Problems
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Health Issues/Feeding Problems Anything related to general or specific health problems. Issues having to do with feeding problems or tips.

Shed question from yet antoher person

Old 12-10-2007, 04:55 PM   #1
aztek
Shed question from yet antoher person

My snake went in blue last week and this weekend skin started falling off in pieces, I soaked it and put it on a bath towel to wet it but nothing happened.

Is it still in the process or should I keep on doing what I'm doing?

Old 12-10-2007, 08:30 PM   #2
wade
It isn’t an emergency. Try to raise the humidity in the viv. Put large water bowl in so the snake can soak if it wants. Put the bowl over the heat. Maybe spill some water. Cover part of the screen to reduce ventilation. The snake will probably finish on his own. Check to see if the eye caps have come off. That is the most important thing.

If it looks like the snake is being constricted by dry skin, I might soak him again. A little dish soap in the water helps. But if the snake doesn’t appear to be having problems, I just wait to see what happens on the next shed.

Old 12-11-2007, 12:26 AM   #4
aztek
Yeah, I was looking for that since I had skimmed through it once, but it didn't come out in the search.
Thanks.

And it was like 20 degrees, my dexterity wasn't good while I wrote the topic.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google